We take issues of this nature very seriously. All products on Download.com are downloaded, installed, and scanned for viruses and malware before being published in our library.
What you are seeing is most likely a false positive detection, possibly caused by additional, optional third party offers included with the download in question*. However, if you would please send us the following information, we will have our Product Management Team double check the install file of the program:
1. The link to the specific Download.com page from which you downloaded
2. Which button or link on that page you clicked to start the download
3. What device (make and model) you used to download
4. What operating system the device is running
5. What browser and which version you used to download
6. Which version of McAfee you are using
7. The full, specific flag, warning, or detection you saw
You can send that information to us by filling out our support form if you prefer:
* Please note that the article the moderator linked is outdated -- we no longer use the Download.com Installer (which is shown in several of the article screenshots) for any products on our site. Therefore, you will not see any "Installer Enabled" badges on product pages anymore.
That said, some individual software publishers do include additional third party offers in their own install wizards. These offers are always optional, but as mentioned above, they can sometimes trigger antivirus flags.