HolidayBuyer's Guide

Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Virus Spreading!!! help

by oliverkazaam41 / December 9, 2004 1:11 PM PST

Hi hope someone can help me with my problem. I am looking for the best solution of getting rid of all the viruses that is spreading on my network (actually spread already) is there a better way of removing the virus aside from formatting all the PC?? I have 15 Computers here. Please!! I really need an urgent reply coz its already corrupting my files. Thanks!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Virus Spreading!!! help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Virus Spreading!!! help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Virus Spreading!!! help
by dawillie / December 9, 2004 1:18 PM PST

what virus?
what system?

Collapse -
by oliverkazaam41 / December 9, 2004 2:51 PM PST

I have 15 Computers in the network all infected by PE_funlove.4099 virus, I have scanned it using PCCLIN emergency disk but in dos mode but when I loaded windows the virus appears again..... How do I clean it?? I have mix OS Windows XP and 98

Collapse -
by rbjwood / December 9, 2004 4:26 PM PST
Collapse -
by auggief / December 9, 2004 7:19 PM PST

Seems I have read in this forum when removing virus from Windows XP it is necessary to disable "restore" and then afterwards re-enable it.

Collapse -
by Echo2 / December 9, 2004 4:27 PM PST

oliverkazaam41:

I'm not sure I understand your problem entirely but I will offer what I can.

Get yourself an antivirus like Norton 2005 or Trend Micro that are good at infected file repair. I don't know whether you will need an Enterprise or Corporate level antivirus. You may be able to use a home or home office solution.
But get an antivirus on your computers and run it in safe mode on each system. You might also want to take your individual PCs to an online scan. I recommend McAfee's or BitDefender's online scans.
You might have to run the online scans first provided you can get your computers to the online scans.
If not then you will have to attempt to install the antivirus of your choice on your infected PCs and then run scans.
A few virusses can survive reformats.I don't know whether the virus that hit your Pcs is such a virus.
If it is, you will have to scrub your hard drives and then reformat your disks ( hard drives ).There is a body of thought that once a drive is infected, the only way to secure your system again is to scrub, then reformat your drive. There are a number of good drive scrubbers out there ie. ActiveKilldisk, SecureClean, Cybercide, MediaWipe to name a few.
I hope this helps.

Best of luck to you,

Collapse -
by Echo2 / December 9, 2004 4:30 PM PST

Actually, I forgot the obvious which is to see whether you can find a tool to remove this virus. Many virusses now have fixes that are issued by the various antivirus companies and can be downloaded for free.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.