1) Did this first start happening on or around April 21st, 2010?
2) Do you have McAfee as your security software?
If you answer 'yes' to the above questions, here is a link from their (McAfee) Knowledge Base that might help you with this problem
Hello- I hope someone can help me here.
I have a 5-6 year old desktop.. athlon that runs on Windows XP
1. About a month ago desktop indicated a virus, but I was not allowed to do a virus scan.. just would not run. I was able to open files, but I just left it alone and started working on my desktop
2. A couple of weeks later, it enters constant reboot mode
3. I have tried, but have not been able to boot from CD, use safe mood.
4. I select safe mood, and it stills reboots and reboots. I try to install from CD.. as soon as I get to Set Up files.. I get the blue screen.. Session3 initialization fail
5. I can access bios and I have tried everything I have read on forums, or so I think.. but I am not getting anywhere
6. Just tried to use an old IBM hard drive.. would not boot either.. even from the CD. BUT.. it will take me the Safe Mode screen, but whenever I am there.. suddenly, I have no keyboard function. I am not allowed to make any selections.
I am not much knowledgeable in comps, but since neither HD will work properly, does this mean that if is in fact not a HD problem? I tried the old HD with and without the desktop one hooked up.
A special note.. several months ago.. I had to unplug my destop when it just froze. After that, I kept having problems using my keyboard. I bought another one, and still had problems. When my keyboard is not detected, the only way to get it to be dected is to unplug my comp the way I did several months ago.
I do have most of my stuff backed to a portable HD, but there are some files on the desktop that I need. I was afraid of trying to transfer them weeks ago when it appeared I had a virus.
I greatly appreaciate Everyone's help.