Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

Resolved Question

virus or malware help please

by AJWASS61 / January 6, 2015 3:26 AM PST

Hi, I really hope someone can help me. For the past week I have been getting foreign music and voices coming out of my speakers, I've run all the usual scans for malware, spyware etc and nothing has shown up. My laptop has really slowed down and tonight my Avast antivirus is popping up every 20 or 30 seconds telling me that a threat has been detected, the info it gives for the blocked malware is for openfrost.com/se/get_link.php. I can't stop the pop ups and it's driving me round the bend. I use windows 7 and mainly use google chrome for my browser.

Please can someone advise before I throw my laptop across the room! Thanks.

AJWASS61 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by AJWASS61

Collapse -
Start here...
by Blue_Zee / January 6, 2015 3:55 AM PST
Collapse -
Thanks
by AJWASS61 / January 8, 2015 2:53 PM PST
In reply to: Start here...

Hi I did everything that was advised and am pleased to say that for the time being anyway everything is ok, so thanks for the information and help Happy

Collapse -
Great!
by Blue_Zee / January 9, 2015 1:19 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks

Glad it helped you solve the problem.
Cool

Collapse -
Answer
AVAST use
by Willy / January 8, 2015 3:03 AM PST

Since you have Avast, do a boot scan. First, update it and then select boot scane. You can then use whatever Grif provided s/w to help finish the job. Beware, that sometimes the cure is worse that the bite, so save whatever you deem critical data. FYI, I have found Hitmanpro either 32/64 bit a big help and its free but only for 30days, so use it wisely or not at all if you think you cleaned your PC otherwise.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Thanks
by AJWASS61 / January 8, 2015 2:55 PM PST
In reply to: AVAST use

Hi thanks for the advice, I will take note of the free malware programme you mentioned, I had already followed Grifs link and did it last night and it has seemed to have worked. Very strange though, I still don't know what it was.
Thanks again Happy

Collapse -
Answer
Virus help
by rishiforum / January 18, 2015 7:53 PM PST

I have the same issue, can anyone help me?

Collapse -
Re: same issue
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 18, 2015 7:59 PM PST
In reply to: Virus help

Did the same solution work?

Kees

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!