Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Viewing Thumbnails ?

by lea1943 / September 23, 2004 4:35 AM PDT

I have XP and use the thumbnails to view folders and files, all of a sudden they are dark, you can see the thumbnail but it's so dark it's hard to make out any details therefore useless to me.... Any suggestions on what settings I might need to change?? This just started a few days ago. Any suggestions on fixing this problem?
I check Microsoft web site but didn't find a solution.

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) "sudden" = Use System Restore to when it was ok.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 23, 2004 4:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Viewing Thumbnails ?
Collapse -
Re: (NT) "sudden" = Use System Restore to when it was ok.
by lea1943 / September 23, 2004 6:53 AM PDT

Than you for the post,I just tried using the system restore, and it's still the same any other ideas?

Even when viewing thumbnails when sending pictures in OE they are dark, and when viewing them in other programs ( ex when inserting picture into word) they are dark as well.

Collapse -
That is a clue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 23, 2004 7:58 AM PDT

It's likely that a hardware issue is at play.

It's also likely your video card driver has settings you can look at. But you didn't supply any detail.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: That is a clue.
by lea1943 / September 29, 2004 12:58 PM PDT
In reply to: That is a clue.

I finally have it working, in the control panel, under folders I checked the box, do not cache thumbnails - and immediately they are working correctly, I just hope they continue to work properly

thanks SandyLea

Collapse -
by jdorisco / September 29, 2004 1:47 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: That is a clue.

I don't have that box checked - and my Thumbnails appear just fine. I had a similar problem a while back after using a program - possibly TweakUI?

Collapse -
by lea1943 / September 29, 2004 2:05 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: That is a clue.

That's the clue to my problem them, I had used that too! Thanks that makes me feel better!

SandyLea

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!