Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Videos Crash

by JaneDoe206 / March 21, 2010 7:01 PM PDT

Hey All
Ive been having this problem for a while. All most all the time when watching videos if its on youtube, quicktime, or any video on or off the web it crashes? Tell me what i need to do to resolve this its really annoying thanks in advance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Videos Crash
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Videos Crash
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: crash
by Kees Bakker / March 21, 2010 7:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Videos Crash

First thing to do: look at the event log of your PC to see more on what went wrong. Post your findings.

Also tell more on what happens: does the video crash, does quicktime crash, does the PC crash? Blue screen of death? What error number?

Also tell something about your hardware and OS.

Kees

Collapse -
crash info
by JaneDoe206 / March 21, 2010 8:04 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: crash

so ive looked at the event log
and some of the errors where
Fault bucket
Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 8.0.6001.18854, fault address 0x001780b4.

So if im on youtube the video will crash, as well as quicktime crashing...
Blue screen of death i have recieved it a few times but not often was never able to see the error number because it blue for 1 sec and restart over

Im using Winxp and im not sure hot to tell you about the hardware

thanks in advance

Collapse -
Re: crash info
by Kees Bakker / March 21, 2010 8:32 PM PDT
In reply to: crash info
http://www.tunexp.com/tips/maintain_your_computer/disabling_blue_screen_of_death_auto-reboot/ tells you how to disable automatic reboot after a BSOD, so you've got time to study it. But the info is in the event log also.

Video's on youtube are flash. That's not related to quicktime. You don't give any information about that. And it's not even sure that the error you tell about is related to this crash.

All I can say at the moment;
It seems you're using IE to view youtube. What happens if you use Firefox or Chrome?

Kees
Collapse -
crash
by JaneDoe206 / March 21, 2010 9:30 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: crash info

im not sure how to really put it, when im watching videos on youtube it crashes, when im watching anything on quick time it crashes...basically anything that it has to do with video may it be flash and something else like quick time..it crashes...

even in firefox in chrome it crashes..i have both browsers and when i try to run them they dont even pull up..i even tried to unistall and reinstall again and it crashes..

Collapse -
Re: firefox and chrome
by Kees Bakker / March 22, 2010 5:57 PM PDT
In reply to: crash

You're not clear: either they run (and crash) or they don't even pull up (but then they don't crash either).

But if the same troubles with video arise over different browsers it's not the browser that is the problem, but the machine. Things to try:
- update the driver for the video card
- check that it's OK in Device Manager
- run dxdiag to see what it says about the video

Not sure to help. It could be any other problem with Windows and it could be an isssue with the hardware.

Kees

Collapse -
Try another browser.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2010 9:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Videos Crash

Many forget to try another browser to narrow down if it's the machine or the browser.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!