PC Hardware forum

Question

Video/Graphics Card Upgrade for Dell Optiplex 755

by dlp166 / March 30, 2018 6:04 PM PDT

Hello, I’m Devon

And I have the Dell Opltiplex 755, the 3rd biggest model. (The DT it’s called I think.)
Anyway, bought it for minor gaming because it was cheap and it had the specs necessary for most games. But any game I play runs incredibly slow so it’s really difficult to enjoy. It couldn’t load grass on Rules of Survival. So I need to know what upgrades I can do it in order to run games like PUBG, Garry’s Mod, Warface, Minecraft, ROBLOX, Codename CURE, etc. The current specs on it are the following:

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A22

Proccessor: n/a (how ***?)

Memory: 2048MB

DirectX Version: DirectX12

Damn thing won’t even tell me how many GHz there are... Pathetic. Anyway someone just tell me what uogrades I can do to it to make it a beast please, any reply is appreciated.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Video/Graphics Card Upgrade for Dell Optiplex 755
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Video/Graphics Card Upgrade for Dell Optiplex 755
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
(UPDATED COMPUTER INFORMATION)
by dlp166 / March 30, 2018 6:09 PM PDT

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz

And you would think that it could play all of those games on that list, but it struggles like a ****** with a lisp on the lowest settings.

Collapse -
What GPU?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 30, 2018 6:19 PM PDT
Collapse -
You can make it better
by Bob__B / March 31, 2018 6:43 AM PDT

But you will never make a serious gamer out of it.

Your looking at $200-250 for a gpu and ram.

Do you want to sink that much into an old machine?

Collapse -
Clarification Request
Look at what PCMR rigs use.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 30, 2018 6:12 PM PDT

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!