General discussion

Video Won't Run on Website, Only Shows Blank and Icon

Windows XP Pro SP3; IE7; Dell
Videos don't run on some websites when I click on them. There is only a blank frame with a little icon in it. Do I need to change something in my IE Security settings. If so, what? Please help...this is so frustrating. thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Video Won't Run on Website, Only Shows Blank and Icon
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Video Won't Run on Website, Only Shows Blank and Icon
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Plugins.

Internet Explorer needs video plugins to be able to play web site videos, but different web sites need different video plugins.

Can you give an example of a web site where your browser fails to play videos? Then we can check ourselves to see which plugin is being used.

Mark

- Collapse -
Win XP Video Won't Play in IE 7 browser on some websites

Here is a link to the video I am trying to view: http://www.rangerink.com/aa0410.htm
I happens on other websites also. Even when I click on the icon in the blank video window, nothing happens.
Thanks for your help

- Collapse -
That's flash.
- Collapse -
Video Won't Run on Website, Only Shows Blank and Icon

Hey,
Sometimes you can find the plugin by clicking the icon..

CNET Forums

Forum Info