Computer Help forum

General discussion

Video player in email

by toneman1 / January 1, 2010 12:56 AM PST

I need help making a video player that will work in an email. All the codes for video players that the video sharing sites provide for you only seem to work in forums; I can't get them to work in emails. I need a code to make these players work in emails. Or a code to create my own player in emails with files from hosting sites; preferable one that I can set for automatic play.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Video player in email
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Video player in email
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Let's say no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 1, 2010 1:04 AM PST
In reply to: Video player in email

Admirable idea but if you see the big picture you would find that once you got it to work on Outlook Express, it would fail on Thunderbird. This would be a forever task.

Since you asked for video and not AV (audio+video) then why not make an animated GIF from that video? I used SUPER VIDEO CONVERTER to do that and it worked fine.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: video player that will work in email
by Kees Bakker / January 1, 2010 1:06 AM PST
In reply to: Video player in email

Nothing works in an email. An email is just a bit of text.

Something might work in some email-clients if you put the right html-code in the html-part of your message and your email client is able to interpret and execute that html. But that, of course, depends on the email-client. Older versions of MS Outlook, for example, use the same html-engine as MS Word uses. So for that client you need a video player that would work in MS Word. That's a rather strange request, albeit less strange than "a player that works in a Word document", what would be the equivalent of your original question.

The best you can do is create a website with the functionality you want and link to that site in your mail. All mail clients I know support links to external sites.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.