Computer Help forum

General discussion

Video Grabber from Eforcity Question???

I doubt anybody has this product, but, if not, here's its link on Amazon from where I bought it.

http://www.amazon.com/Eforcity-USB-Video-Capture-Software/dp/B000E8FPZS/ref=pd_bbs_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1215141987&sr=8-6

Anyway, I'm having a 'curious' problem getting the drivers installed which I hope someone can help with please. Happy The first thing the instructions say to do is insert the CD and load the drivers. When I clicked the button to install the drivers, however, an error message appears saying I must upgrade my xp operating system to service pack 2. My OS is XP SP3 though. I assume it's not wanting to install because SP3 is so new, and it only recognizes sp1 and 2. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can somehow fix this so I can install the drivers and get it working. I contacted the seller's customer support via email, but they still have replied. Silly I would be really, really grateful for any help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Video Grabber from Eforcity Question???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Video Grabber from Eforcity Question???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That vendor sells

In reply to: Video Grabber from Eforcity Question???

Distressed and discontinued products. I'd return it for anything else.

Collapse -
probably...suggestion?

In reply to: That vendor sells

I'll probably end up returning it. It did take a bit of time to find that product which can hook my vcr up to my computer. Do you have any other suggestions as to some kind of adapter product that is good and would work? I forget the name of them, but the end connecting to the vcr has to accommodate the three color coded jacks for video and left and right audio.

Thanks!

Collapse -
What are you trying to accomplish?

In reply to: probably...suggestion?

Some want this to turn VCR tapes into DVDs. For that the DVD recorder can't be beat. That's what I use now.
Bob

Collapse -
either watch or convert vcr tapes

In reply to: What are you trying to accomplish?

Well, our tv died leaving us with a DVD/VCR player. We decided not to replace the tv, but we still have lots of VCR tapes we would like to be able to watch occasionally; DVDs we can of course watch on the computer. I don't really care as much if the tapes are converted to DVD just so long as I can watch them.

What would you suggest?

Also, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by DVD recorder. I thought VCR tape have some kind of copyright that means I'm not supposed to convert it to DVD?

Collapse -
In that case, go buy a name brand.

In reply to: either watch or convert vcr tapes

There are such devices by ATI and Hauppauge for video capture. The no names might work but sometimes don't and all the industry needs a trip to the woodshed over support.

Sorry but I see a DVD recorder is a nonsolution for you so I'll stop here.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.