I have a Sony Digital Video Camcorder, model DCR-DRV 310. I connect it to any of my home computers via a 1394 Firewire cable as I have done in the past. The video gets from the camcorder to the computer properly. However, the audio / sound has a horrible loud humming noise that is so loud I cannot even tell if the regular audio is being transferred. This is a problem that has developed since I last tried to import my digital video into WMM.
Some troubleshooting I have already done:
1. I have used 2 different firewire cables and ports and the problem persists.
2. I have attempted to import the video/audio into multiple computers and the problem persists.
3. I can watch the video on the camcorder's screen and the audio is fine.
4. I can connect the camcorder to a television via the red & white audio ports and the audio is fine.
5. I have the same audio issue with 3 software programs, Windows Media Maker, Adobe, and VideoWare III so it isn't an issue with the software.
Summary: it seems the problem is probably in the firewire port on the Sony camcorder. Is there a way to test or troubleshoot such a thing?
Any other ideas on the faulty exporting/importing?
Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force
The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.