I have a Sony Digital Video Camcorder, model DCR-DRV 310. I connect it to any of my home computers via a 1394 Firewire cable as I have done in the past. The video gets from the camcorder to the computer properly. However, the audio / sound has a horrible loud humming noise that is so loud I cannot even tell if the regular audio is being transferred. This is a problem that has developed since I last tried to import my digital video into WMM.
Some troubleshooting I have already done:
1. I have used 2 different firewire cables and ports and the problem persists.
2. I have attempted to import the video/audio into multiple computers and the problem persists.
3. I can watch the video on the camcorder's screen and the audio is fine.
4. I can connect the camcorder to a television via the red & white audio ports and the audio is fine.
5. I have the same audio issue with 3 software programs, Windows Media Maker, Adobe, and VideoWare III so it isn't an issue with the software.
Summary: it seems the problem is probably in the firewire port on the Sony camcorder. Is there a way to test or troubleshoot such a thing?
Any other ideas on the faulty exporting/importing?
Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly
Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?