Question

video editing software

I need recs for a decent yet free video editing software that is not as simple as like Video Dub by Microsoft?
My favorite is actually VideoStudio by Corel, too bad it's so expensive and memory-consuming.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: video editing software
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: video editing software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Tell more.

As we moved to HD video editing the memory and file sizes are about four times larger. This has some prior gen users screaming it's consuming memory.

I wonder if they can catch up or will they be left behind?
Bob

PS. Simple? I think the stuff by Apple is pretty nice.

- Collapse -
You don't give...

... your computer specs for this. We need something to work off.

Dafydd.

- Collapse -
My current computer is not mine.

But the office has moved me onto a Lenovo y510p, 16GB ram, i7 Haswell, dual SLI video (I would have gone single) so as far as I can tell this is about as far out you can go before heading back to desktops.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
free video editing software

Hello friend, there are several good video editing software available to you. they are listed below.
1. Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is supremely easy to use. Just drag and drop a few clips onto the program (most formats are supported) and immediately they're assembled into order; transitions and special effects are just a click away.

2. Kate's Video Toolkit
While there's nothing too surprising in Kate's Video Toolkit, it does provide some basic but useful editing features. So you can trim files or join them, link two videos with a transition, create a sequence of videos with a custom soundtrack, and there's a simple file format conversion tool as well.

3. Avidemux
Avidemux is a small but capable open source video editor which can help you join clips, cut them (without re-encoding), and apply a lengthy list of useful filters (Add Logo, Crop, Flip, Rotate, Resize, Sharpen, Remove Noise, tweak brightness, contrast colours and more).

4. VSDC Free Video Editor
Non-linear video editors can take some time to learn, and VSDC Free Video Editor is no exception (a lack of useful documentation doesn't help, either).
If you persevere, though, you'll find a capable editor with plenty of functionality: drawing and selection tools, plenty of colour and lighting corrections, some useful filters, transitions, audio effects and more.

- Collapse -
Answer
Video editing software

According to me, Adobe Premiere is the best video editing software.

- Collapse -
Answer
Recent Video Editing Software

Floowing are the few recent Video Editing Software :
CyberLink Power Director ,Corel videoStudio ,Adobe Premiere Elements,Pinnacle Studio.
Hope this will help you

CNET Forums

Forum Info