General discussion

Video edit software suggestions for AVCHD format?

I have a Canon HFS-10 camera which uses AVCHD format.
My computer uses windows 7, an I3 processor and 3gigs of RAM. 500gig hard drive mostly unused.

When I bought the camera I found that at the time there were few software programs that handled this format, the couple out there were over 900 bucks, too expensive for me.

I would like to edit, title, transition, have a few effects, and some of the corrective features I have seen listed for some programs would be nice too.

I will mostly burn to DVD's but would also like to have the option to burn Blu Ray's on occasion to take advantage of the High Def capabilities. I am a beginner so ease of use would be helpful for me too.

When looking at CNET's software suggestions Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 was listed and at least sounded like it might work. Also I am looking for a program that is reasonably priced. For me 100 bucks is reasonable.

Does anyone have suggestions on a software program for me or experience with this Corel program? Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Video edit software suggestions for AVCHD format?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Video edit software suggestions for AVCHD format?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Maybe movie factory pro 7?
- Collapse -
Or if you think studio pro X3 will do,

why not give it a 30 day trial run? It seems now might be a good time (they are giving discounts). Good luck.

- Collapse -
I will check those out

I will check those out. The 30 day trial is a good thing too. I bought the camcorder mostly to use for family that was no longer around soon after I bought it so I have not really used it at all. I do plan to use it to tape to my arm while riding my motorcycle at speed to see if I can capture the feeling of the ride but that will be summer.

It has felt like a total waste of money not using it so I am compelled to start. I want to get some footage down and play around with the program so when I have a more important project I will have figured out what I am doing.

Thanks,
T

CNET Forums

Forum Info