Video Games & Consoles forum

General discussion

Video ect... to PSP

I bought my PSP slim about a week ago so I'm trying to check out all it's fuctions. I'm trying to transfer home videos, pictures and music but having trouble. I use Nero Ultra 8 to encode the videos. My first problem is Nero says it doesn't see a psp attached to the computer, which it is. So fine, I'll encode and try transfering manualy. So I read some forums of which files to make on the memory stick, put the videos in the proper files but my PSP says there is no videos in the memory. I know they are there because I can see them on my computer. The same with pics and music. Can anyone offer some advice?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Video ect... to PSP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Video ect... to PSP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
First thought

In reply to: Video ect... to PSP

My first thought is that the PSP can only decode specific video codecs and at certain resolutions, so if you're exceeding those parameters or using some codec that the PSP doesn't understand, you're going to have problems.

The pictures should be showing up provided they're in a format the PSP can understand, though you have to remember it has limited memory (32MB -- the slim units have 64MB, but the additional 32MB is reserved for UMD caching) so really high resolution pictures may not work.

And the music, again, it only takes specific codecs, and I don't think it will do DRM protected files. So, if you bought some song off of iTunes, you probably won't be able to play it. It might do WMA DRM, but I'm honestly not sure and wouldn't bet on it.

So, short of knowing some of these important details, all I can say is go back and make sure that you're encoding the video in a format and resolution the PSP can understand, and same with the photos and music. If it still doesn't work, then you're clearly doing something else wrong or you have a defective unit. You should also be sure you're running the latest firmware, which to date is 3.90.

Collapse -
re

In reply to: First thought

Thanks for replying. I have a 1GB memory stick. I'm not using a DRM protected file, it is an MP3 from my CD. I also have the latest firmware, 3.90. I encoded it to MP4.

Collapse -

Ok, Hey! I did it! Everything works. I was manually put the new folders in "MUSIC, PICTURES, VIDEO, AND MP_ROOT", put all the files in thier respective folders and everything works, Thanks for you help everyone!

Collapse -
psp video

Hi,
Get psp video 9 from download.com It will convert everything and put it on your psp for you.

Collapse -
another psp converter

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.