Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

video converter forum

Dec 16, 2010 11:52AM PST

Hi, everyone,
welcome to this forum, please list any good video converters here without any hestitation, I know different people have different ideas, so at here, we can dissuss about it, and find out which one is the best.

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
All have hesitation.
Dec 17, 2010 3:22AM PST

Video work is dealing with a lot of data, and you might involve a CRANKY CODEC so not one handles it all.

Go with what works!
Bob

- Collapse -
for ipod
Dec 20, 2010 11:02AM PST

Oh, now, iPod is very popular, I think, many people have an iPod, I also have one, but I met a problem-video format, so I want to know a good video converter, any helps?

- Collapse -
What I used last week.
Dec 20, 2010 1:24PM PST

HANDBRAKE and SUPER (video converter). Anything spammed here is usually bad.
Bob

- Collapse -
my recommendation
Dec 22, 2010 10:55AM PST
- Collapse -
Those titles are spammed here too often.
Dec 23, 2010 2:57AM PST

And it is far from perfect so now you know.

- Collapse -
no one will be the best.
Dec 27, 2010 11:47AM PST

you can't find which is the best, you have said that, everyone has his own thoughts. and most of them has been used to use a converter. I think there won't be a best, or other company will close down, they has their own advantages. and people has his own habit.
like someone like handbrake, some like format factory, and maybe others like any video converter, there are so many converters here. such as wondershare, isky, leawo, moyea, pavtube, xilisoft.etc.
so don't mention the best, just find the suitable one

- Collapse -
Yes, No best one, just suitable one.
Jan 20, 2011 2:11PM PST

I totally agree with ken_lea.
Someone like free handbrake, other like wondershare or xilisoft.
and I personally use aimersoft video converter.

These converters are much similar and allows you to try it first, so you can just search "video converter" on Google, and pick up one from the long list for a try, and then you will know whic is most suitable for you.

- Collapse -
Video Vault Converter Software
Mar 13, 2011 8:10AM PDT

I purchased the Video Vault video converter program back in 2006 and have been extremely happy with it. I just installed a new HD in my PC and loaded the program. Unfortuantely when I try to run it I am asked to register to activate it. I have my username and password but it appears the company, Diversified Multimedia, does not exist any more. Does anyone know how to contact the company or bypass this process? I paid for this program so should be able to use it! Thank you.