TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Video Challenged - High requirements / low buget

Hello,
I'm asking for help from the video experts. I hear the new TV's with the DVI connector is worth looking at, but I've not been able to find one that meets the requirements. I'm currently running dual 19" crt monitors at 1600 x 1200 resolution. I would like to replace one of the 19" crt's with some form of crt / plasma or other thin low heat generating solution. I would like this flat panel to be wide enough to as close to my existing 37+" of viewable area I currently have. The major problem is the resolution. I have to have the x1200 height res or more.
I've recently seen an HP 23" that is the only one that has the 1200 res height, but I can't locate any other device that meets this requirement.

Am I asking for to much technology too soon? Does such a device exist that is somewhat affordable? I make a living sitting in front of these monitors (sometimes 18+ hours a day), and my eye sight is going bad. These CRT's look blurry, but if I was to lower the resolution, it would not be so bad. However, due to the work I do, I must have the 1200 height res.

I hope this makes sense, and I really hope there is a video expert that can point me in the right direction. This quest has been very frustrating due to the lack of products that meet these requirements. I would certainly entertain any size as I can continue to use the dual 19" crt's as long as the flat panel supports the DVI connector. I'd rather not have speakers as they will only be in the way, but if that is the only way, then that will be fine.

Thanks for any input anyone can offer on this.
Robert

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Video Challenged - High requirements / low buget
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Video Challenged - High requirements / low buget
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!