General discussion

video card problem (I think)

Several days ago one of my monitors did not receive signal from the computer. I fixed the problem by going into video card settings and reactivating that monitor. Tonight, neither monitor recognized signal. The computer sounded like it went through the boot sequence, but no video signal.

I am running Windows 7 home premium. It is an nvidia quadro 1400 video card. Before the latest boot, I have been installing a large number of video preview files using Digital Juice software. The last time I was on computer, the Juicer software froze and I was to suspend the installation and close the program.

Not sure what to do.

Bob Hager

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: video card problem (I think)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: video card problem (I think)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
A test I use a lot.

No mention if the BIOS shows up so try this test. Unplug the hard drive and power up. If there is only a software issue you should see the BIOS screen show up. If no BIOS screen then it's time to try another video card.
Bob

- Collapse -
(NT) No BIOS no nothing
- Collapse -
Just one test to be sure.

It's a fast and simple test. Why we do this is to show that it's not a driver or software issue. Today's PCs have the OS, software on the hard drive so when we remove that and can't see that BIOS screen we know it's not the OS or drivers.
Bob

- Collapse -
Yes, definitely. Your card is old and,

might not fully support the Direct X 9's requirement for proper display's resolution.

Your Nvidia 1400 might be an old 128Mb card, right? If yes, rather get a 256Mb one or better, a 512Mb HD type for Direct X 10 and 11. I think that you are using 8xAGP slot. Do think that you, still, can find one of those, somewhere. Will require a lot of searching and initiative for that to happen.

Good Luck!

CNET Forums

Forum Info