General discussion

Vibration in Speakers with Samsung 40" LED

In Reply to: Samsung 40" Series 7 LED LCD TV by BigApe1

I am receiving bad vibration in my LED Samsung 40" TV
This has happened since I furst purchased the TV some 12 months ago.

I am receiving bad vibration in my LED Samsung 40" TV
This has happened since I first purchased the TV some 12 months ago.

I did have it hooked up to external speakers and raely used it in TV mode.
Circumstances have now changed and I use only TV.
This TV cost some $3000 (AUD) and I expected better.

Is there a solution to the problem

All comments appreciated
Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Vibration in Speakers with Samsung 40" LED
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Vibration in Speakers with Samsung 40" LED
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
This is sad.

That you didn't report this to Samsung 12 months ago and may be out of warranty. Try to report it now and if they say the warranty is up then the good news that any savvy AV tech can help. I've found a few speakers where the mounting was a little loose and that's the cause of the rattle.

What can't be fixed is that noise that happens when the speaker cone hits something at high drive levels (high volumes.) For that we turn down the volume or use external sound systems.

But the usual speaker rattle is a simple thing to solve but I'm finding more and more folk that don't own a screwdriver and a few that ask what is that?
Bob

- Collapse -
Vibration in Speakers with Samsung 40" LED

jezebell1,

Try registering the television on the Samsung.com website. You may be able to qualify for an additional 3 months of warranty.

Register at the below link and then call 800-SAMSUNG, let them know that you registered and see if you can get your set repaired in-warranty. I can't promise this will work, but it may be worth a try.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/account/regist

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info