General discussion

very stressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am running a athlon xp 3200+ with 512mb ram and 120 Gig hard drive running windows xp pro, i use bit defender 8 pro av and firewall and run adaware se,spybot,spyware blaster and spyware guard.
The other day i was infected by a virus which i removed but it had damaged windows not allowing it to work properly it kept crashing and saying msvcr70.dll was missing, so i re installed windows wich didnt help i tried symantec online virus scan but it didnt find anything so i backed up all my data and reformatted my hard drive using the xp disk and re installed windows i installed my av n firewall and scaned pc to find nothing then i went to windows update to re install updates and sp2 to get bombarded with w32/korgo.v virus but bitdefender said my pc hadnt been infected but was running very slow so i uninstalled bit defender and installed f-prot trial which found w32/corgo.v and removed it but ever since my pc has been running slow and stops responding regularly i was wondering if traces of the virus could of remained from before the reformat that bitdefender didnt pick up, if so is there any way i can wipe the hard drive totally clean id be gratefull for any help

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: very stressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: very stressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try this for korgo

McAfee's Stinger is supposed to get rid of that, It's a small standalone virus scanner for certain viruses and is free. You also might think about ordering SP2 from Microsoft on the free disc and installing it after you get rid of the virus, BEFORE to go online and get infected again. If you go to Windows Update with a completely unpatched system, you'll get infected everytime with one thing or another by the time you get SP2 downloaded.
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

- Collapse -
re try this for korgo

i have already tried McAfee's stinger and it didnt find anything ive also managed to download xp sp2 now but pc still running slow and not responding. No av scanner is picking anything up ive also downloaded the symantec korgo removal tool that didnt find anything either i am really confused as pc will work ok for a bit then when i think ive solved the problem it starts all over again

- Collapse -
I think your best thing

CNET Forums

Forum Info