Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Very Quick Question

by Momo26 / November 1, 2005 1:24 PM PST

Do any of you know of a program (similar to webshots) where it will automatically change the background image periodically to different images I HAVE in a folder? (For the desktop background that is).

Basically like Webshots but for personal folder of images.

Some program to download? Or maybe there is something on Windows XP that I have not utilized yet.

I hope I post this in right place.

Thanks in Advance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Very Quick Question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Very Quick Question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
One of the screen savers in Windows XP will do that. It's
by Kiddpeat / November 1, 2005 2:26 PM PST
In reply to: Very Quick Question

called My Pictures Slideshow. It looks for images the the My Pictures folder. It is, however, a screen saver and does not operate while you are actively using the computer.

Collapse -
Thank You..but
by Momo26 / November 1, 2005 11:32 PM PST

I'm looking for something that switches the actual desktop wallpaper appose to a screen saver. Thanks anywase, if you discover anything else, please share.

Collapse -
Webshots will do what you want
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / November 2, 2005 6:48 AM PST
In reply to: Thank You..but

I have a friend using Webshots in that way.

He went into Webshots Photo Manager and made a new collection. Then he dragged (and dropped) his own photos into that new collection.

Then he turned off all of the Webshots collections.

Now he can enjoy his own photographs.

I have a mixture of Webshots and my own photographs on my computer.

I didn't create a new collection, I just dragged my photos into existing collections.

Collapse -
Interesting...
by Momo26 / November 2, 2005 2:23 PM PST

Thanks for the post. Ya, I was thinking there may be the chance Webshots offer that feature but wasn't sure. And does webshots take a lot of RAM and processor use? I am down to only 256MB RAM (256 stick roasted earlier this year - somehow) and start up is already slooow enough. (For some reason this HP printer, and the junk that came with the CD, is slowing it down. May delete some proceses)

Collapse -
Webshots
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / November 2, 2005 11:35 PM PST
In reply to: Interesting...

It does take some processor time at the time that it is changing to a new photo (wallpaper or screensaver).

But that is only for a couple of seconds.

Any you can control how often you change the wallpaper:
(15, 30, 60 min, 4 hr, day, or week)

And of course you usually aren't using the computer when the screensave is active.

You also have the option to keep Webshots out of the system tray.

You do need more memory for just normal operation of the computer.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!