Android forum

General discussion

VERY high non-wifi internet trafic

by silverballer641 / June 10, 2011 6:43 AM PDT

I have been a happy Galaxy S2 user but today things changed. I had an alert from T-mobile that I am close to reaching my internet package limit and they are slowing down my connection. The problem is that I have a 2GB limit! I checked my account and it showed that during 14 days my android phone downloaded over 1,8GB of data for example yesterday 1a.m about 375MB). It is my second android device and I know that during normal usage (mail sync, FB sync, news apps, weather, sometimes websites) I downloaded around 350MB od data durin 1 month.
I check the device with 3 different antivirus and everything was clean.
So is it possible that a system application has gone crazy? have you experienced similar problems?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: VERY high non-wifi internet trafic
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: VERY high non-wifi internet trafic
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What about NetMeter and NetCounter?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 10, 2011 7:29 AM PDT
Collapse -
Netmeter...
by silverballer641 / June 10, 2011 4:21 PM PDT

restarted after few hours, don't have any data.

I'm just curious if it is a android bug... now I'm using traffic stats lite and traffic counter and still waiting for something

Collapse -
I'm curious.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 11, 2011 1:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Netmeter...

There was another app. And as I see you found a third. I can't fix that busted app.

What I'm saying is, keep trying apps till you find one that nails it or gives up a clue.
Bob

Collapse -
Excessive internet usage!
by ehubbard / June 13, 2011 9:15 AM PDT

I use 3G WatchDog. You can find it on the Market. Check all the reviews. It has helped people just like you. Let me know if it fixes your problem. Cool

Collapse -
horrible...hope this helps
by ShaneRoxs / June 20, 2011 8:42 PM PDT

that just sucks man...could be some rogue application mate....u really never know ..it's gotta be trial and error...What you could do is turn off your data network when ur not using it...also you could try uninstalling applications which you think might be causing such behavior ( especially the ones which require syncing...). Anyways wherever be the result, do let us know what happens ....hope you find that rogue application before it blows a sizable hole in your data charges

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.