Samsung forum

General discussion

very disappointing Samsung service

by jschaeff / November 2, 2009 3:54 AM PST

Hello,

I am new to this forum but I joined because I am VERY disappointed with the samsung repair process and I hope this message finds someone who is concerned with customer satisfaction. It all started when I had problems with my brand new home theater system. After a call to tech support, it was determined that my unit was in need of repair, so the agent instructed me to send in just the head unit (no speakers), this was the 5th of August. He further stated that I would get my unit back in 7-10 business days, so I received a UPS label in my email the next day and shipped it. It was received at the New Jersey service center around the middle of August. After a time of no news and repeated calling, it found out in September that the unit would need to be replaced, not repaired, and finally September 21st, the unit was approved for replacement and I received an email with another UPS label. But this email did not describe what the label was for so I deleted it, keep in mind this was already over 7 weeks since I sent it in. So I waited, and waited, and waited with no news. I would call executive customer relations AT LEAST twice a week and they did not have a clue as to what was going on and they were waiting for a tracking number and they kept telling me to wait longer. This went on for ANOTHER MONTH and I would get the exact same response EVERY time, "it can take 7-10 business days" even though it was past this timeframe already. I asked multiple times to speak to a manager who may have a better clue as to what was going on, and each time was told no, that everyone there was at managerial status. I also asked to speak to someone in the shipping department and each time was told that all they could do was write an email. Each time someone told me that I would get a call or an email with the response from the tracking department, THIS NEVER HAPPENED! All I could do was wait and be frustrated, until I called 2 weeks ago and the agent immediately told me that they were waiting for me to send the rest of the system so they could replace the whole thing. HOW COULD NOBODY I TALKED TO KNOW THIS IN THE ENTIRE MONTH THAT I WAS CALLING?! So I told the agent my situation and he apologized for the delay and said he would request expedited shipping. I received another UPS label in my email the next day and immediately shipped in the rest of the system, UPS confirmed the delivery of the shipment almost 2 weeks ago. Since then I have not heard a word from anyone and when I call ECR, its the same information, "We are waiting for the tracking from the shipping department, keep checking your email." I have yet to hear anything! IT HAS NOW BEEN NEARLY 3 MONTHS SINCE MY SERVICE REQUEST!!!!!!!!!! what is going on?! I cannot express my frustration and disappointment in Samsung, this is absolutely ridiculous! I hope this message inspires refinement of the service process, at this point I am not sure I will ever see my new home theater system again!!!!

PLEASE, CAN ANYONE HELP?!?!?!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: very disappointing Samsung service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: very disappointing Samsung service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
very disappointing Samsung service
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 2, 2009 8:05 AM PST

jschaeff,

I'm sorry to hear that this has been an ongoing issue. I do apologize for your frustration, and for the time this has taken.

I'm not a member of service, but I'll do what I can to help. Do you have a transaction number? I'll send this over to our ECR Department and see if we can get you helped out.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by jschaeff / November 2, 2009 10:58 AM PST

thanks for the reply,
my transaction number is 3000538148, just look for the case that has 100 calls on it. I hope you know someone that can get something done over there.
best regards,
Josh

Collapse -
still no help
by jschaeff / November 5, 2009 9:55 PM PST
In reply to: reply

I received an email from Samsung 2 days ago apologizing for the inconvenience. They gave me another number for Samsung Authorized Service Center CVE INC. and said that they would be able to give me the exact status of my order. After I called that number and spoke to someone that could not help, HE GAVE ME THE NUMBER TO ECR AND SAID I SHOULD CALL THEM!!! Is Samsung even listening to the customer complaints? Why is this so difficult? I want to pull my hair out!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?