TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Vertical Lines help samsung led lcd tv

HI.

It's my 1st post in Cnet forum's and i am really disparate in seeking help, My Samsung Led LCD tv "UE46es5500" got vertical lines, I am a student living in Amsterdam and i have no more possibilities for a new TV so Please help me fixing this. please tell me how to upload photo's of how my tv looks like or give me your email i will send that.
Regards
Frank

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Vertical Lines help samsung led lcd tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Vertical Lines help samsung led lcd tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: lines

In reply to: Vertical Lines help samsung led lcd tv

You can't upload photo's to this forum. You have to upload them to you favorite picture sharing site and post a link.

Howver, I'm afraid repair will be more expensive than a second-hand TV. I see lthem offered at "marktplaats" for around 100 euro.
Luckily, viewing NPO (1, 2 and 3) streaming on your PC or laptop is free. So maybe you don't even need a TV.

Kees

Collapse -
Vertical Lines

In reply to: Vertical Lines help samsung led lcd tv

Hello,
I have an UN55ES8000F Samsung TV with vertical lines on the screen too. Place the TV on a table with the back of the TV up. Open the back of the TV. You will see three main boards. One is the mother board, in my case the mother board was in the left of the TV looking from the back. The other is the power supply board which is located on the right side. The third one is called T-con board and is located on the center bottom of the screen. Some TVs got them on the top. This Tcon board has three connectors. One connector on the top, which connects the Tcon board to the mother board. The other two connectors are on the bottom of the board and they connect the Tcon board to the screen. Both of these connectors are identical. One is for the left side of the screen and the other is for the right side of the screen. Disconnect the two ribbons from the Tcon board and from the screen and clean then with an eraser and then spray them with contact cleaner. Do one at a time so you can remember how the go together. Be very careful when disconnecting the ribbon from the Tcon board and from the screen. The connectors have a small black tab on top. Lift these tabs away from the ribbon toward the board and slide the ribbon out. To reinsert the ribbon, slide the ribbon in and lower the black tap to hold the ribbon in place. The ribbons have a black mark on them, make sure these black marks are right in line with the black tap once these tabs are press against the ribbon. This should eliminate your vertical lines. It worked for me. I also recommend that you disconnect and connect all other connectors on the boards.

Collapse -
Vertical lines help

In reply to: Vertical Lines

Hello,

Alyanes, I hope you see this message Happy

I also have the UN55EES8000F tv and it has multi colored vertical lines in the centre of the screen. They started developing 6 months ago. Do you still have the same tv? I am going to try your method but I have a question: what type of eraser did you use?

Thanks

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.