Question

Vertical bars and partial blurred screen

I have a LN52A650A1FXZA flat screen. It has started to develop vertical bars and partial blurring of the screen. Sometimes it corrects itself and other times I have to tap the screen to make it work correctly. After tv is running and warmed up it doesn't happen the rest of the time it is on. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Vertical bars and partial blurred screen
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Vertical bars and partial blurred screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
That tapping means it's likely to be

Some connection issue. A technician would, well this is not a TV repair forum so I'll stop here and write you need to arrange for service. That tapping could be classified as abuse which you don't want to continue doing.
Bob

- Collapse -
blurred

this does not tell me a whole lot. If this is a connection issue are we talking about something internal or external. As far as abuse the tap or just movement of the tv on its base will correct the issue. I don't think this is abusive. Why don't you give me some better info instead of IT NEEDS SERVICING. I thought this thread was for tech advice.

- Collapse -
If it was external

You would unplug and plug external connections and it would be fixed.

As to your request for tech advice, this forum is not a TV repair forum where you go beyond user serviceable items. You may want to try a repair forum or may AVSFORUM (see google.)

Read other posts in the forum and you'll see no replies where it dives into board or such repairs.
Bob

- Collapse -
connection

I have already tried re-plugging all connectors. So if I understand you then there may be some internal issue. Is that correct? I did not wish to make repairs myself, just looking for some possibilites of a simple fix.

- Collapse -
At this point you've done the user serviceable work.

And now it's time for the tech or TV repair systems. I noted a forum that goes beyond user serviceable items and you can try that next.
Bob

- Collapse -
connections

Thank you for your time and effort, I appreciate it.

- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Vertical bars and partial blurred screen

CNET Forums