The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Veronica talks too much?

by xtof / February 10, 2007 12:47 PM PST

While listening to the shows, I quite often find myself thinking Veronica talks too much about silly things from her life that I don't think are relevant to the discussion at hand, especially compared to Tom & Molly. I mean once in a while is fine, but in my opinion she goes on a bit too much for my taste. It also seems like she talks over Tom and Molly more often then they do to her. For the record, I think Tom is the most "polite" of the three in being respectful in the discussions, but that's a bit off-topic from my question/point. Does anyone else out there agree/disagree?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Veronica and really enjoy the show... just was curious if anyone else felt the same way and was willing to admit it in the forums Happy

I don't mean this post to in any way been mean spirited or anything like that. If it happens to turn out to be too "controversial" or such, by all means delete the thread.

--
Christoph

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Veronica talks too much?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Veronica talks too much?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hmm..
by metanoya / February 10, 2007 1:19 PM PST

I think the little tidbits of fun make the show a joy to hear. It makes sometimes very boring topics interesting

Collapse -
(NT) you write too much
by csliva11 / February 10, 2007 1:23 PM PST
Collapse -
I like V just the way she is
by ktreb / February 10, 2007 2:21 PM PST

It makes the show more lively and fun to listen to.

There was a similar thread a week or two ago. It got kind of nasty and was deleted. I hope this doesn't go in the same direction.

Collapse -
Leave Veronica alone!
by dbajpai / February 10, 2007 2:39 PM PST

I don't have a problem with her at all. In fact, I like her asides. Leave her alone!

Collapse -
she's okay..
by preist / February 10, 2007 6:27 PM PST

I like what Veronica does..
Each one of the Buzz Out Loud trio has his own unique quality that makes BOL interesting and fun.

The show is perfect! No as* kissing here.

Collapse -
(NT) Totally agree
by SPIRIdk / February 10, 2007 8:53 PM PST
In reply to: she's okay..
Collapse -
(NT) Oh my gosh, why is everyone picking on V lately?
by PinoyGuy_88 / February 10, 2007 9:06 PM PST
Collapse -
Run for the hills...
by dro0001 / February 10, 2007 9:47 PM PST

Didn't you know criticism of the show in any way is frowned upon here :).

IBTL!

Collapse -
Constructive criticism is welcome here
by PinoyGuy_88 / February 10, 2007 9:53 PM PST
In reply to: Run for the hills...

But it seems that Veronica is taking the brunt of all the criticism.

Collapse -
Uh huh...
by dro0001 / February 11, 2007 12:09 AM PST

I have yet to see a "constructive criticism" post about the show or its hosts not be ripped by the general populous here.

And please, I'm sure Molly and Tom get plenty of criticism as well. So is the nature of being a popular show with many fans.

Collapse -
Well said...
by dmdzine / February 11, 2007 4:15 PM PST
In reply to: Uh huh...

Too true, that's probably my biggest annoyance about the Buzztown community - the blind fanaticism of the listeners. This "hosts can do no wrong" mentality really gets old. People are entitled to their own opinions, and as long as they express them in a non-flagrant manner then they should be respected.

However, it seems whenever anyone violates the "thou shall not speaketh critically of the show" commandment everyone jumps down their throats. Is their opinion any less valid, just because they disagree with yours?

We can all improve at our jobs, and if no one offers constructive, critical suggestions than what's the point in offering any feedback? We'll all here because we love BOL, but this mob mentality intimidates people from expressing their honest views.

Collapse -
I LUB YEW.
by Pinkmaltese1 / February 15, 2007 10:05 AM PST
In reply to: Well said...

the whole rabid fan thing is getting annoying...fast..

Collapse -
It's called a personality
by Ravensblood / February 10, 2007 9:50 PM PST

The most invaluable and enjoyable thing about BOL is the different personalities of the hosts and the anecdotes about their personal lives and tech.

If you want all fact and no fun, listen to the cnet "daily tech news".

Collapse -
Well Said!
by Leo Watson / February 11, 2007 2:58 PM PST

I agree totally. I love this podcast because of their personalities, because that is what makes up the show!

Collapse -
They're All Individuals!
by Diello / February 11, 2007 12:28 AM PST

TMV each have a very unique personality, and that's what makes BOL the hit it is - you can go anywhere for just the news. It's their take, and interaction that makes it a must-listen-to everyday.

If V's tangents were boring, then you may have a point, but speaking personally, she makes me laugh (with her, not at her!).

I say keep it just the way it is!! V's lovely, let her do her thing Happy

Collapse -
Sure, its a tech podcast...
by kicky_g / February 12, 2007 10:30 AM PST

...but hearing little tidbits from the podcasters lives lets you know that they actually have one. i don't mind them a bit. in fact, i enjoy them. keep it up V!

Collapse -
She is annoying, ya
by CarlosRamirez50 / February 11, 2007 11:53 AM PST

I agree completely. Her forced memes are extremely annoying as well, and the only one she actually pulled off succesfully is 'NO U' in a recent episode. XD

Collapse -
stop starting these kinda threads
by abdmal / February 11, 2007 1:28 PM PST
In reply to: She is annoying, ya

Whats up with u guys... why start these kinda threads in the first place.

I actually have a feeling that V hasn't been doing a lot of talking for the past couple of weeks. I'm sure she doesn't just sit there and listen to Tom and Molly. Shes probably doing something on her PC while Tom and Molly talk.

And stop making these kinda thread !

LOL... couldnt stop myself from giving my 2 cents.

Collapse -
come on... annoying?
by Ravensblood / February 11, 2007 11:09 PM PST
In reply to: She is annoying, ya

I don't see a huge difference in her contributions vs. Molly.

Maybe you are listening to the wrong podcast.

Collapse -
Talk to me anytime!
by JimMoreno / February 11, 2007 3:24 PM PST

I could listen to her all damn day. And night. She sounds quite silky when she speaks, especially since I wear headphones when listening.

@ Veronica - For the Horde!

Collapse -
Veronica *is* BOL
by lemonlovr / February 11, 2007 3:56 PM PST

Hey there everyone. I'm a somewhat longtime BOL listener but novice poster to the forums. I have to say that Veronica is one of the reasons that I listen to the show. That's not to say that Tom and Molly aren't likable, interesting, etc., but I always have a slight panic before I listen to each episode because - gasp! - Veronica might not be there today.

Collapse -
Dubya Tee Eff, Mate?
by SoapyToboggans / February 11, 2007 8:02 PM PST

Veronica is the main reason I listen to the show! She's the cherry on top of the sundae that is BOL. Wait... maybe she's actually the hot fudge. Okay, she's both. She makes the podcast personable. It's easy to relate to her when she makes reference to WoW or some internet meme. It makes you feel like she's somebody you can hang out with (not that I wouldn't want to hang out with Tom and Molly too!).

Collapse -
settle
by nickswim / February 12, 2007 12:07 AM PST

settle down..

it is a talk show for the internet.. what do you expect?
people say i talk to much on my videos too..

so you can't do much about it

nick schmidt

Collapse -
(NT) this is what we call in the bih-ness a "Troll"
by csliva11 / February 12, 2007 12:18 AM PST
Collapse -
Her fake "ahahahhahaaaaaaa" laughs and "NICE" are annoying!
by vector313 / February 12, 2007 12:44 AM PST

but other than that, I think little aside stories are pretty cool. I cannot stand her laugh though. It makes me quiver. And everytime she says "NIIIICEEE" I want to punch my iPod, LOL. Maybe its because I can't stand excessive geek-speak. Oh yeah, I also hate how much people say "janky" ... that was a word we used to use in like 4th grade way back in 1980 something.

Collapse -
my laugh is fake?

You know, I wasn't planning on responding to this thread, but C'MON! My laugh is fake?! That's just stupid.

Veronica

Collapse -
it's way forced in reaction to some of molly & toms comments
by vector313 / February 12, 2007 3:25 AM PST
In reply to: my laugh is fake?

I keep waiting for you to say:
"They have been blown to scraps and grilled well done! Such a succulent smell... of SUCCESS!" ahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaaaaa

Collapse -
Blasphemy!
by SoapyToboggans / February 12, 2007 5:36 AM PST

Hmmmmmm... odd. Veronica's laugh is one of my favorite things about her. Also, I love it when she says "Niiiccceee." Also, janky is a great word and it's very entertaining when it works itself into a conversation. I'm all for bringing back old slang and creating new ones. When ever I pwn somebody in real life, I like to exclaim "Boom! Jellybeans!"

I request that Veronica works more geek speak into the show just to spite this guy.

Collapse -
WAIT ITS MOLLY! LOL
by vector313 / February 12, 2007 7:10 AM PST
In reply to: Blasphemy!

ok, so i was just trying to catch up on gadgettes on the way home and realized that it's MOLLY that has the annoying ninja scroll laugh, not Veronica. Sorry V.

Collapse -
Didn't people complain when V didn't talk much at all?
by krorg / February 12, 2007 1:36 AM PST

I listen to the show BECAUSE of the personalities and the fact that they're not afraid to a) disagree with each other b) share a little about they're own experiences and b) have fun and keep the show moving. There's about 1001 tech podcasts out there and none of them are quite as fun as BOL. It's the mix of personalities that makes the show unique.

And it's free!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.