HolidayBuyer's Guide

The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Veronica is not coming back

by russiancatfood / September 24, 2007 4:59 PM PDT

Ok, V is gone. She doesn't work an CNET anymore. Why do people keep bringing her up like this is some kind of conspiracy. "No, she'll be back. She has to. She's just gone for a little bit..." (Seek professional help if this sounds familiar).

Onto happier note: Jason, you are a good balance for Molly on Gadgettes. Can we do the same over at BOL, please? You don't have to start hosting the show, just pop in more often. Eventually you'll get your name into the introduction.

Now, if you don't want to do that, Jason, that's OK. I suppose we can't make you do anything. It's just a thought. Think it over a delicious cup of CNET coffee (I don't know if your break room coffee is good, mine is kinda crummy, so maybe Starbucks Happy )

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Veronica is not coming back
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Veronica is not coming back
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You scared me for a moment
by punterjoe / September 24, 2007 10:04 PM PDT

I knew she was in Japan. When I saw your subject line, I thought she was staying!
Yes, I agree that there's no immediate likelihood of her returning to CNet. Although I've learned from personal experience to never say never.
All I would say to V fans is it's a big wide web out there. She hasn't gone to the country to live on a farm with a family. You can follow her future projects online. Things change. People move. Horizons broaden.

Collapse -
Exactly
by russiancatfood / September 25, 2007 1:27 AM PDT

That's exactly what I was trying to say (although she might be tempted to stay in Japan, who knows Wink ) She still has a huge web presence. I'm looking forward to her debut at Mahallo, but I also read her blog all the time and try to follow her on twitter i bit. She's still there if you are a fan, just not at CNet. And if Mahallo flops, then she'll find another gig somewhere. I'm pretty sure CNet is not the only place in San Francisco she can put her mad skills to good use Happy

Collapse -
Whats the over/under on Mahalo lasting a year?
by Papa Chango / September 25, 2007 12:11 AM PDT

>Why do people keep bringing her up like this is some kind of >conspiracy.

Maybe because most people dont know what a Mahalo is and the ones that do think it wont last until next summer. Hence, the "she'll be back" mentality

I'm not sure if that is a Calcanis thing with people who expect him to fail or simply that human-powered search engine sounds medieval.
How many of you went "Oh yeah, this is a good idea." when you heard it described?

Collapse -
Don't you mean odds?
by paintguru / September 25, 2007 7:06 AM PDT

Over/under is a set point....we can say the over/under for Mahalo lasting is a year....do you want the over or the under? Or we can say what are the odds of it lasting a year? We can't say, what is the over/under on Mahalo lasting a year? Happy However, I will take the under on Mahalo lasting a year.

Collapse -
Am I too mean?
by kovu159 / September 26, 2007 1:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Don't you mean odds?

Well, while I'm not thinking that she is going to be back anytime soon, I do secretly hope that Mahallo will go under, and maybe, just maybe, whe will come back to CNET. Yes, the probablility of this is about nothing, but it would be nice Happy

Collapse -
Maybe Louie DePalma was right...
by punterjoe / September 25, 2007 7:08 AM PDT

I just remember the old 'Taxi' episode where someone mentioned how James Caan used to drive a cab, and Danny DeVito's crusty dispatcher say "he'll be back.... they ALL come back" Grin

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.