Internet Service Providers forum

General discussion

Verizon Sucks, it's slow now and they wont fix it. what the heck??

well i called them today cause im only getting half the speed like 300 to 500k down and the guy does all his steps withch i told him i already did so there's no point he doen't anwser keeps on asking me to repeat my self, bla bla went on for 50 mins, asks if he can do the computer share thing were he takes controll of my comp i said ok, then he comes to the conclusion that my computers messed up man i was like, no its not it works perfectly at my friends house with his internet. he has the same one and lives like 3 houses down the street. i tell him send me a tech and there like we cant cause your modem is getting the speed your spouse to, im like so what, both my computer aren't he cept on trying to tell me it my comp and i just cut the phone , so theres some thing wrong and i guess they can't fix it im going to call them agian and see if something happens but im waiting 2 days see if this thing fixes it self, yea that was the second call i made the first lady said the engineering department would fix it and they called and said it was fixed well i checked my speed and it was not fixed! so im going to cancel there service if they cant fix it im not paying for something thats not working right. i had it for 1 and half years now. all of suden it goes bullish on me. any body have any idea's if i can some how fix it my self im pretty good with computers. I have two comps windows xp 1.7ghz pentium M 512 ram for my lap top. the desktop is the same and its realy old(7years) but it still works perfectly but just has 1.6 ghz p4

Message was edited by: admin for language

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Verizon Sucks, it's slow now and they wont fix it. what the heck??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Verizon Sucks, it's slow now and they wont fix it. what the heck??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Verizon what?
Collapse -
???

In reply to: Verizon what?

what are you talking about im talking about there internet.

Collapse -
Their Internet. . .

In reply to: ???

DSL, FIOS?

Collapse -
If you are asking for help

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

I have Verizon DSL and I have no problems.

Do you have a Wireless Router connected?

If so, what is the make and model?

Also what is the make and model of the Verizon DSL modem/router?

With more information, we can help you straighten out you speed problem.

Rick

Collapse -
Not to mention

In reply to: If you are asking for help

Having a command of the english language and being able to convey yourself clearly.
I too have VZ DSL and no problems.

Collapse -
I couldn't agree with you more.

In reply to: Not to mention

VERIZON sucks! If you want SPEED, don't go with VERIZON!
They are almost slow as DIAL-UP! I can't enjoy musics, movies,
etc. cause they load too slow, when I watches movies on computer,
every seconds stops, then go... stops, then go. Who wouldn't be
so pissed off? So I thought my memory is just slow, so i uninstall
my game which saves me like, 2,543 MB and scan my computer all night,
I restart my computer, and when I went back to the internet, nothing
changed, absolutely nothing!!!
Please, Don't go with VERIZON! they are slow! trust me!
I will stop using their service, who would want a cheap service?
I'll give the HughsNET a shot.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.