Internet Service Providers forum

Rant

Verizon service

by kjkrosy / January 22, 2013 4:39 AM PST

Has anyone else been completely outraged by Verizon phone and DSL service? For the past two months, I have been struggling with Verizon to try to get them to come to fix my exterior line, which is barely getting a signal through. I must've spoken to hundreds of "service" personnel to no avail. Every time I call I have to go through the whole story over and over again. A few weeks ago, I was finally able to get a technician to my house/office, but he wasn't a linesman and couldn't fix the line outside. Since then its been a nightmare, appointments have been scheduled and broken so many times I can't count them anymore. Lies and more lies, claiming technicians have been here --my desk is quite near the door and I've posted my cell phone number on the door in the off chance I don't hear the bell. My situation has wasted my time, my husband's time, but it has also wasted so many man hours for the company as well. I would have canceled the service long ago, but I wanted to avoid Time Warner, since I've also heard that it has unreliable service and switching will mean I'll have to open up walls for new cables. This seems a theft to me--the customer--as well as to Verizon shareholders.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Verizon service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Verizon service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Nod.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 22, 2013 6:21 AM PST
In reply to: Verizon service

Here on TWC and 2 years without an issue. However as an old author of router code long ago you bet my router and gear is never an issue so what can I offer here? I can only write how many times I find DSL setups with a dozen phones on the line or a filter where it doesn't belong or below par wiring in the home.

I hear you but maybe DSL is not for some folk as they need more than what the companies provide. As to open up the walls I'm wondering what you mean. Here it was one cable in to the MTA and from that to the existing phone lines. And I added my own WiFi router to the MTA and I'm done.

What is this about opening up walls?
Bob

Collapse -
Since cable is available,
by Oldartq / January 24, 2013 2:08 AM PST

consider yourself lucky. You do have a choice. Don't expect DSL to be like cable, they will most likely won't be.

Collapse -
The technician allegedly stole from my house
by ChuckJTS-23427222252684036696820606199520 / January 24, 2013 11:53 PM PST

Unless you tell Verizon to "cancel", I don't think they really care. I have found it hard to find anyone to take responsibility because I don't get anyone who claims they are responsible for the company.

I believe the technician who set up FIOS for our house stole because there were items missing after I turned my back on him. I've complained to Verizon and they never take responsibility for anything.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?