Phones forum

General discussion

Verizon Limitations on V3c you should know about

by cekaa / February 24, 2006 12:15 AM PST

Just purchased two Razr V3c's from Verizon two weeks ago. Also purchased Motorola Mototools+USB cable so that I could synch my phone with my Microsoft Outlook Contacts and Calendar. I froze two V3c's trying to synch the Calendar and had to exchange them. I emailed BVRP Software USA Inc, evidently the software engineer who developed Mototools for Motorola (not entirely sure about that). I was informed that Mototools will not sych the Calenda with the V3c.
Also, you should know that Version has locked out all media functions for the V3c so that you can pay a monthly fee for each function, such as a subscription for ringtones; $1 each to download MP3's (that you may already own), and 25 cents everytime you want send one of you photos to a friend--for each phono, and your friend will also pay 25 cents to receive a photo.

Basically, I paid $50 for the cable, software and shipping only to discover that I can only synch my address book. I switched to Verison becasue Consumer Reports touted them as being fair and responsible. Boy are they wrong. I'm now wishing that I had remained with Cingular

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Verizon Limitations on V3c you should know about
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Verizon Limitations on V3c you should know about
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Verizon Wireless

Verizon's customer service is not what it used to be. I have been a customer since 1996 of Cellular One, GTE & then Verizon when they took over GTE and I will cease being a Verizon customer 3/12/06. Customer Service & technical reps promise to get back to you & never do. Text messages are sent back to you as duplicates of ones you sent out and Verizon cannot (or will not) determine what is causing that problem. In short, Verizon does not care about you as a customer- only your money is important to them- Beware!

Collapse -
This is the Verizon "crippling" issue
by Valikhanov / March 7, 2006 11:25 AM PST

All your syncing should be via bluetooth and should be free, but Verizon has decided that you should have to bleed from your wallet to use their phones.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?