Resolved Question

Verizon LG Cosmos2 Cell App

Ok huge issue here, I have a Verizon LG Cosmo2 phone, ok ok it is a basic phone, does not even include video, but that is what I wanted because I did not want to be forced to pay for a data package I will not use. I seem to have this person that truly believes they saw an icon on my phone that was a guy on his knees?? This icon they, I guess found it on the internet (I have not found it or seen what they are talking about).??? BUT to them it is some app I guess to help people cheat??? not to catch a cheater, but something... I do not know hide the calls, ??? but then if that is what it is used for why would a company design an icon like that?? Anyways, I have been told by them I removed it, and want me to put it back on and show them??? now I never had such a thing, nor know anything about this stuff. would this not show on my account activity? Does anyone see it possible for this phone? Trying to find ways to prove this was impossible. If there is a way. I do not know anything about this stuff and not a phone person at all as you can see by the phone I have.. Crazy request to the group but you guys will know better than I. P.S. Verizon has confirmed the phone has never been on line, or added apps, just normal text and calls. I guess this person seems to think some downloads through computers or things on line can by pass this??? FACT or FICTION

Discussion is locked

Vickieski has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Verizon LG Cosmos2 Cell App
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Verizon LG Cosmos2 Cell App
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -

So what you are saying is you feel that no matter what goes through this phone, it has to go through my carrier? I have seen a ton of apps on line for catching a cheater but not really much for trying to cheat, such as apps to hide things, redirect calls.. you know still really not understanding how they really work but the articles are for that purpose. I did see one app making the news for Android, then said in a few months one maybe for iPhone. it seems the app hides calls or something or at least who can see them??? not sure, like I said how it works I really do not know why, but it does seem it still goes on your bill the activity to your carrier who has to process any program etc. So if my bill is clean, no apps applied just plain phone numbers and normal texting..that should be enough to prove it was not on there.. let alone Verizon laughed at me asking this since i had a LG Cosmo2 phone..lol it can not even take games.. It even showed it has never been online or through any internet activity.. i think what he is talking about is a very new high tech thing that is not full proof and only on certain phones such as the Android and iPhone. My question to him is.. if you can find out all this crap and knowledge about some cheaters app, why do you not have the same knowledge to know it is impossible for my phone?

- Collapse -
Sorry to have to say....

....this is no bordering on a conversation on how to commit fraud and will not be discussed any further on this forum. Thread closed.

- Collapse -
Answer
I don't think....

....that a downloaded application will mask what type of phone you are using and/or prevent a required data feature. The phone broadcasts an IMEI that tells the billing system what the make/model of the phone is.

Just my $.02 worth.

CNET Forums

Forum Info