Internet Service Providers forum

General discussion

Verizon DSL

by weidgate51 / November 20, 2006 7:33 AM PST

We finally got DSL in our area, Verizon, and got hooked up and have yahoo verizon accounts. Also, we upgrade the IE to 7.0.5730. I always did have a yahoo account. Since we now have Verizon and upgraded our IE Browser, the graphics in our yahoo composer in the Verizon browser and in IE Browser: fonts, colors, letter size, smileys, etc., do not work. Everything worked before we got DSL. What could the problem be? Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Verizon DSL
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Verizon DSL
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Using IE 7
by PudgyOne / November 20, 2006 6:34 PM PST
In reply to: Verizon DSL

Did nyou allow Yahoo to run ActiveX. This is needed to allow the smileys and such to work.

It works for me and I have Verizon DSL.

Rick

Collapse -
ActiveX
by weidgate51 / November 21, 2006 8:15 PM PST
In reply to: Using IE 7

ActiveX bar never came up. Where do I find it?

Collapse -
It should prompt you for it
by PudgyOne / November 22, 2006 1:34 AM PST
In reply to: ActiveX

at the top of the page. Then click here to allow ActiveX to be downloaded and run. If you use Mozilla Firefox, you don't need to use activeX, why I never know.

Rick

Collapse -
IE 7 addons
by pavanzcool / December 20, 2006 4:52 AM PST
In reply to: Verizon DSL

IE 7 comes with a lot of addons and yahoo is one of them. Try this.
Go to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System tools -> Select Internet Explorer and start with "NO ADDONS" and reopen the browser and it should work fine.
Let me know in case it doesnt.

Thanks

Collapse -
add ons
by weidgate51 / December 20, 2006 8:05 PM PST
In reply to: IE 7 addons

no none of that worked. I was on the phone with verizon and I've been trying to upgrade the sidebar to be compatible with IE 7 and it won't even do that and we upgraded the java and the text size in composer, smileys, font face, etc., still will not work. they think it's a yahoo problem.

Collapse -
I still do NOT have a problem
by PudgyOne / December 20, 2006 11:22 PM PST
In reply to: add ons

I am using Java that was downloaded from here

http://sdlc-esd.sun.com/ESD29/JSCDL/jdk/6/jre-6-windows-i586.exe?AuthParam=1166583351_5c8589f83d387dfc9e61877fdc52510b&TUrl=an1npDpbKod7kSYrROhENTonIeQ2W0D1Lc4nXz+pGFFranixdCdgxDTPbW4=&TicketId=dll5PAVLNe08/w==&GroupName=SDLC&BHost=sdlc1i.sun.com&FilePath=/ESD29/JSCDL/jdk/6/jre-6-windows-i586.exe&File=jre-6-windows-i586.exe

It comes right from Sun.

Rick

Collapse -
problem with verizon browser
by weidgate51 / December 21, 2006 5:52 AM PST

I did go to java.com and download the lastest. I'm wondering now if it is a yahoo problem? associated with verizon?
A lot of my cd games do not work since we switched over also and some other little things that aren't used often, but now I'm checking to see if they work and they don't. Just little oddities I'm starting to notice.

Collapse -
When I installed Verizon DSL for the laptop
by PudgyOne / December 21, 2006 6:21 PM PST

I never used the CD. You can connect with it.

Go to Control Panel and remove all the Verizon items. Then restart your computer and try it. You only need the CD to get your email account. All the tools and spyware removal items that they give you are trial versions.

Rick

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.