Phones forum

Question

Verizon Contracts for Cell Phone and MIFI data Device is Up.

by Kooler1 / July 3, 2011 10:55 PM PDT

Hello-
My Verizon contracts are up. I have had 2, one for the basic MOTO cell phone and one for the MIFI data device. Verizon has something called New Every Two, which is supposed to offer a fee like $40 for the Data device (the MiFI2200) and I think one for $30 for the cell phone. I have no idea if I could somehow use them both if I just want to get one device like an iPhone or a Droid phone which would do both. with that aside ny questions are.
I do not want to sound stupid but I am new at this and I have never had a phone that would allow me to send a text message, for example. I researched a lot of phones and it seemed like the Droid X2, i think it is called. I am open to suggestion on great smartphones like the Droid, I wish I could remember the name of the Droid phone that got the highest marks, the one I am thinking about getting, but I would have to hopefully remember it when I saw it. I am new to smartphones, so if there is a hard learning curve, I probably should stay away. If anybody knows the Droid phone that has an excellent battery life (which the one I saw on Verizon;s website). I also have big fingers so somebody recommended to me an application I think it is called Swype. I have no idea if this works, but after emailing the website I could never get a reply, which was not a good sign.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Verizon Contracts for Cell Phone and MIFI data Device is Up.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Verizon Contracts for Cell Phone and MIFI data Device is Up.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Just have them show you 4G
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 4, 2011 12:45 AM PDT

I'm been up and down the West Coast of USA and it never turned on. Lots of promises but don't pay more for that.
Hope this helps,
Bob

Collapse -
mrProffitt
by Kooler1 / July 4, 2011 1:16 AM PDT

I did not follow your comment. Are you saying that all smartphones, Androids, iPhones, etc are something not to pay more for? I bet your phone is a phone that would be considered a smartphone or a phone that does more than make and receive calls.

Collapse -
Let's try simple.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 4, 2011 1:24 AM PDT
In reply to: mrProffitt

If you find them charging more for 4G have them show it to you. I've yet to see it work up and down the west coast. Why pay more for that?
Bob

Collapse -
yea, their map shows 4G is...
by Kooler1 / July 5, 2011 8:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Let's try simple.

One reason why I am here. I post to Verizon forums and get the Moderators answering all of my posts. I looked at the maps Verizon uses where they have 4G and then I hear from customers who say, "I live in Salt Lake City," but even know their map showed I should have had 4G I never had 4G, my machine always went back to 3G."

Collapse -
For me it was Sprint.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 6, 2011 8:37 AM PDT

There are others noting this but let me share that it all seems to work most of the time with older (?) 3G.

Once in awhile that doesn't work and I get just a phone without all the smart stuff.

If I don't share what others have in the office (we are porting our apps to android) we have the following droids. Sprint Evo 4G, Virgin Mobile's Slider, Nook Color, Duobook, Viewsonic gTab. Maybe more later and certainly more if you look at the others in the office.

Why? Well we must test the apps across devices.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
What happened to your other thread on this subject, btw?
by Pepe7 / July 5, 2011 1:53 AM PDT

I distinctly remember someone with your screen name asking similar questions, especially about the Swype feature. If you could send me a link to your previous thread that would be helpful to jar my memory.

Collapse -
if you want to reply
by Kooler1 / July 5, 2011 8:27 AM PDT

looking for some help with this current post. Not sure what you are looking for but if you want to help, great, if not, thanks anyway.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?