Phones forum

General discussion

Verizon Cell Phones

by Kngohps / August 11, 2010 5:11 PM PDT

Looking to get a new cell phone with 2 yr plan. Was wandering what you all though was best phone in each category. Categorys being No data plan, $10 Data Plan, and $30 Data plan. Thoughts, reviews, concerns, etc.. are all appreciated. Hoping for a touch screen but that will require a data plan, also like something with QWERTY Keyboard if possible but not a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Verizon Cell Phones
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Verizon Cell Phones
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Suggestion
by Pepe7 / August 12, 2010 4:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Verizon Cell Phones

Why don't you first pick a couple of Verizon branded phones in each category you saw that piqued your interest and post those makes/models back here to the forum(?) It's a lot easier than producing something cold turkey, even for folks quite familiar with the technologies/handsets. Pop in store and take notes of what you like about what you see.

Collapse -
Phones!
by Kngohps / August 12, 2010 7:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Suggestion

Alright thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking for the no data pla The G'zone Rock because there were no touch screen or other phones that sparked my interest requiring no data fee. As for the $10 fee i was thinking either the envy touch or Reality. And for $30 the Droid or something like that not too familiar with blackberry but heard Storm 2 is nice.

Collapse -
IGNORE FIRST POST
by Kngohps / August 12, 2010 9:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Verizon Cell Phones

Ok, so i have decided to stray away from the confusion of my first post. I have decided that im either getting a Droid if i get the $30 a month. Or looking if i can find an older verizon phone. Anyone know any good sites where i can find older phones that are in good condition? If not then im debateing between Droid, G'zone Rock, Envy Touch, and Reality or Rogue.

Collapse -
Try...
by Pepe7 / August 12, 2010 10:43 AM PDT
In reply to: IGNORE FIRST POST

...howardforums.com, craigslist & ebay. Selection will of course vary wildly.

I'd also look at the latest Droid X if you are planning on spending $30/mo for data. The larger screen really makes a difference IMHO.

Collapse -
Try...
by Kngohps / August 13, 2010 8:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Try...

Thanks for the websites and advice on droid X. If i get the $30 plan i think thats the phone I am looking to get. Are the phones from those sites going to be in good shape or will they be phones people used for 2 yrs and might have bad batteries and stuff?

Collapse -
It will vary
by Pepe7 / August 14, 2010 12:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Try...

Some folks don't realize a battery can often be had from a third party on the cheap, so a bad battery isn't so terrible if the phone has a steep discount Wink

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!