Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Vegas 6 + DVD vs Adobe premiere pro 1.5

by TheWiseFool / November 10, 2005 12:17 AM PST

I just bought my new HDR-HC1 and need to know what software I should go with to edit the HDV. Also building a new computer to deal with the Hi-Def editing, any recommendations on the components would be appreciated for the Motherboard, Processor, RAMM, Hard drive, Raid Card and Video Card.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Vegas 6 + DVD vs Adobe premiere pro 1.5
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Vegas 6 + DVD vs Adobe premiere pro 1.5
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I would go with Vegas 6 for HD. They've been HD capable for
by Kiddpeat / November 10, 2005 5:46 AM PST

quite a while, and are close to the technical people at Sony. They are also much stronger with sound than Adobe is.

Hardware. I've been told dual core AMD 64 should be the minimum. The pros would like to see multiple dual core processors on the machine. One gig of memory will be a minimum. High speed SATA in a RAID is also recommended. I don't recall the recommendations on capture hardware.

Collapse -
This is what I was figuring so far...
by TheWiseFool / November 11, 2005 1:50 AM PST

Processor: Pentium D 830
Mother Board: Asus P5WD2 Premium Motherboard
RAM: Corsair 1GB PC2-4200 DDR2 DIMM Memory (X2)
DVD Burner:NEC ND-3540A Dual Layer DVD

Collapse -
DVD burner
by CWatkinsNash / November 11, 2005 9:42 AM PST

FWIW, I have the NEC ND-3540A and love it. I haven't burned a huge amount of discs yet, but I have tried every CD and DVD format it burns except DL (too $$ for me right now), and no problems at all. Fairly quiet too. Got a good deal at Tiger Direct.

I'd also like to have everything else on that list too. Happy

Christa

Collapse -
Vegas 6 + DVD vs Adobe premiere pro 1.5
by jcrobso / November 10, 2005 5:51 AM PST

Well since Vegas 6 is a Sony product and you have a Sony camera,,,seams like a good match.
OK,, AMD64 X2 dual core processor, the fastest one you can afford. 2-512mb sticks of Dual DDR3200 ram.
MBs MSI, Asus and Gigbyte are very good ones.
The higher-end MBs have SATA raid on them. Some have so many SATA and PATA ports that you can have 8 hard drives.
Get one that has built in fire wire.
Get a 450~500w PSU.
If your not into gaming,, then any PI-X video card that has 256mb and is $80 and up will do. John

Collapse -
You should also think about dual monitor support. You
by Kiddpeat / November 10, 2005 5:59 AM PST

should have one that is capable of displaying HDV in 1080i or p mode. The other would be used for the timeline and other tasks. The video card will need to be good enough to support these monitors.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?