Laptops forum

General discussion

Vaio BX Series ... What's Happening!!!!

by sacoca / November 16, 2005 6:10 AM PST

Its been a month I've been waiting every day for a BX series notebook with 15.4" Screen and the ATI x700 and today they took it off of their website!!!!! I mean you don't even see the x700 at all or the option to have a 15" screen!!!! What's up with that!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Vaio BX Series ... What's Happening!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Vaio BX Series ... What's Happening!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
this has been going on for a while
by togus / November 16, 2005 7:18 AM PST

Sony is pretty loose with its web site and BX information and offers have been appearing a disappearing for over a month. I got real tired of it and bought something else that cost lots less and performs real well... of course it's much less sexy than the BX (-:

Collapse -
Arghhhh
by sacoca / November 16, 2005 8:30 AM PST

I guess I realize that now! They might decide not to release the 14" x700 either (its there preconfigured with $NA!). But no one else has laptops that are that light in comparison! I mean dell's laptops are at least 1.5 pounds heavier !!!!!! (Dell latitude 810, M70)!!!Arghh Compromise, compromise, compromise!

Collapse -
Fujitsu has some petty light notebooks, great displays and
by togus / November 16, 2005 8:43 AM PST
In reply to: Arghhhh

high build quality.

Collapse -
hmmmmm sony
by Qosmio / November 16, 2005 3:15 PM PST

Sony=Great tv,s
Sony=notebooks not so great yet pretty to look at
the safe bet would be...,Ibm,Acer,toshiba,dell.

Collapse -
Thanks!
by sacoca / November 17, 2005 12:59 PM PST
In reply to: hmmmmm sony

Thanks so much guys! You are right they are pretty to look at but what can you do if the quality doesn't back it up!!!!!!! But they are also sooooo light compared to the average!

Collapse -
Yes and they have great displays as well
by togus / November 18, 2005 2:06 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks!

There are plenty of very happy owners out there who swear by Sony computers... and a lot who don't like their tech support. There are other thin and light builders you should look at...just be ready to pay the price.

Collapse -
Who?
by sacoca / November 21, 2005 5:16 AM PST

Hmm Like who? Sony is really the only thin and light builder i've seen. Dell, IBM, panasonic, etc.. they are too heavy. Fujitsu have very bad graphic cards if any. Am I missing something? I've seen ASUS z70va which seems close but still a little heavier than the 15" BX and definitely not as pretty. Would love to have some good recommendations (obviously apple is not an option).

Steve

Collapse -
look at asus again
by 0wnz / November 21, 2005 11:20 AM PST
In reply to: Who?

The asus w3v has an x600 gpu with 128 mb of hypermem (64 built in, 64 borrowed). It weighs about 5.5 lb and has a 14.1 widescreen.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yes, but you can actually buy these machines.
by togus / November 21, 2005 12:05 PM PST
In reply to: look at asus again
Collapse -
I like these
by sacoca / November 21, 2005 2:01 PM PST
In reply to: look at asus again

You know, I waited for a while. Either they didn't have the x700 (which is what I was aiming for) or they weigh too much and aren't pretty, etc. I just saw the V6Va which has an x700 and looks pretty cool at 5.6 pounds. It seems like a fit, or the best fit at least.

Collapse -
BX runs really, really hot
by keithjake1 / November 22, 2005 11:56 AM PST

Just received my second BX540B today. (had to return the first one as the fan was running non-stop) I've not invested over $7K in (2) VGN-BX540B and neither of them are working properly. I've had great luck with Sony lap tops in the past. I'm curious if others have found an issue with the BX running extremely hot.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?