Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Using Nero software with XP

by quorrobolong / March 4, 2005 5:03 AM PST

I am having endless problems shutting down Nero Burning Rom after copying DVD's. Get "program not responding' hung apps.
Nero are not much help as they just ask that I uninstall the program and reinstal does't fix

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Using Nero software with XP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Using Nero software with XP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Using Nero software with XP
by Themisive / March 4, 2005 5:17 AM PST

What version of Nero are you using; also, remember,some copyrighted CD's and DVD's will not copy and you will get that error message, or the system will just "hang". I had Nere 5.5 with updates, but ended up getting Nero 6.0 (and the updates) - believe me, you'll soon see the difference. It may be worh looking at the manual, there are two steps to shutting down the programme as a rule, it could be you're not using both.

Sometimes uninstalling the programme then re-installing it MAY make the problem go away, but not always. Quite often the main problem seems to be how good is the media you're copying onto, for instance are you tryig to copy a DVD+R to a DVD-R or something equally daft.

You may also try getting new drivers for Nero from the site, you'll not have to worry about the support from them, just go to the Downloads section and get the correct section for your software. Be careful though, Nero 6 has 4 different sections, and for something like InCD, you need three of them!

Regards

Collapse -
copy dvd-r to dvd+r
by mjonczak / May 29, 2005 12:14 PM PDT

I take it from your comment that coying from dvd-r format to dvd+r doesn't work? I have a collection of dvd-r disks that I would like to burn to my computer's dvd+r drive.

Collapse -
Using Nero software with XP
by AussiePete / March 4, 2005 11:33 PM PST

I had problems with Nero - ended up uninstalling InCD as it conflicts with XP a bit. XP has it's own version which is made by "Roxio" under license. In any case make sure you have the latest updates (InCD ver4 I think is the latest)
Also, if you have nero version 5.5 you most certainly need to make sure you have the latest updates - best to go to nero's ftp site as I was not always able to get the latest updates from their usual web page - there are 2 main ftp sites and I suggest you look at both, namely

ftp4.nero.com and ftp6.nero.com

From memory I think I also had similar problems when exiting nero and it didn't like the burned CD being ejected before exiting. Try changing this in the options section (ie dont eject after burning is complete).
Hope this helps
Peter

Collapse -
Using nero in Xp
by quorrobolong / March 5, 2005 4:14 AM PST

Thanks for the help have tried most of that mentioned except the eject after completed. Will try and hope just a little Thanks again

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.