Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

Question

Using HTML code in website design tool

by Shivjad / February 19, 2014 8:17 AM PST

Hello Everyone.

I am trying to build a website where in i can write html code and java script for a submit click event. Most of the site builders provide various forms and html fragment app. However html fragment doesnt allow to use ahrf tag or using post get method so that I can have customize click event to post data from one page to another or to have customizable code written. I have below queries.

1. How to have customizable site created having access to html code as above?
2. How can we maintain database if required?
3. How can we maintain user specific info eg. the list of liked items for particular user when he/she logs in.

Can anybody help me here suggesting suitable website builder or app/widget to address the same.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Using HTML code in website design tool
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Using HTML code in website design tool
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Why such a restriction?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 19, 2014 8:53 AM PST

I can use any number of HTML editors and upload my file to the site. I'm guessing you want to make something else but I may be wrong here, but don't you write code for the backend to do such things? But I'm being unclear here. Are you a programmer or just trying to build something without programming skill?
Bob

Collapse -
its a limitation I found with website builders
by Shivjad / February 23, 2014 11:02 AM PST

Thanks for your reply Bob. I tried wix.com, create.net everywhere they allow me to add html fragment eg. Creating textboxes adding buttons etc. However when I write a code for click event it doesnt redirect. I know html though I am not a very well experienced in it. I do not think I am doing any mistake tagwise. But it simply looks impossible to have connectivity with ref pages.

Collapse -
Ahh, website "builders"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2014 1:04 AM PST

OK, time to go back to basics then. Try the old fashioned web page editors and then upload the page.
Bob

Collapse -
old fashioned web page editors
by Shivjad / February 24, 2014 3:10 AM PST

What do you mean by that? How can I use them in website builders. I had created pages using front page or simple html file run with web browser. Are you talking about web builders which use old fashined web page editors? Please point me to exact req tool

Collapse -
How did you get here?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2014 3:17 AM PST

Sorry but as a Web author you would take classes or dive into HTML and more. Then you take programming classes if off the shelf apps and web sites won't do.

Front Page and such are for folk that want to dive into web work without learning how it all works. That's fine but here you are and it's time to hit the books, classes and web to learn more.

There is no exact req tool but close to a few hundred now.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?