Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Using BB Code

by jbt / May 26, 2007 11:36 PM PDT

One of the forums I like to post pictures on does not allow html code (which I am quite familiar with).

Could someone give me the code for posting a clickable thumbnail? It would involve 2 different pictures. the 1st a 100 x 100 pixel (or custom small size) thumbnail and when clicked would lead to a 2nd larger image of the same thing or possibly another full-size photo. All my pictures are stored on a hosting site and have URLs.

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Using BB Code
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Using BB Code
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
One option is to...
by John.Wilkinson / May 27, 2007 1:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Using BB Code

Use the tags to insert the tumbnail of your image into the post, and then wrap that in the tags to link back to the full sized image. Of course the options change based on the forum. Cnet, for instance, doesn't support the posting of images in posts, only links to them.

John

Collapse -
Re: One option is to...
by jbt / May 27, 2007 2:02 AM PDT
In reply to: One option is to...

John writes: ...and then wrap that in the tags to link back to the full sized image.

John,

You lost me at this point. The forums that I use all allow to post pictures directly. A little more detail please.

jt

Collapse -
Something like...
by John.Wilkinson / May 27, 2007 2:13 AM PDT
Collapse -
Hyperlinking a word or title to a page
by sassmcghee / September 7, 2007 11:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Something like...

Wow, that is exactly what I was looking for instructions on how to do for the last hour! Glad I found this after entering about 50 searches on how to insert a thumbnail all over Google and Yahoo!

I realize this thread was last posted on a while back but just in case it is still being looked at I have another question. What code do you use to insert a link to a web page but instead of showing the actual web page link it will have a word or a title instead that is a hyperlink? Thanks!

Collapse -
Use The Same Basic Coding Text But...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / September 8, 2007 2:48 AM PDT

Place your word of choice in the middle section so it looks something like this:

{url=http://www.yoururlofchoice.com }Word Here{/url}

HOpe this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
That's it!
by sassmcghee / September 8, 2007 11:51 AM PDT

Perfect! Thanks so much!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?