Ok, turns out this problem is not only limited to the Userinit Logon application.
To put it simply, even if my login was just fine, my system can go into failure and auto-restart when ALMOST ANYTHING "encounters an error".
Hi guys, about 4 or 5 days ago my computer crashed for the first time ever. Since then i have frequently been receiving this message at boot-up "Userinit Logon has stopped working, Windows will try to find a solution"... blah blah blah. I have read other forums and tried a lot of things, but I think my case is quite unique. Let me tell you about everything that happens.
- After the Userinit stops working, i immediately get a blue screen telling me an error has occured in the disk and it has been shutdown to prevent damage.
- Sometimes, like 5 minutes after I've logged on, Userinit stops working and i am forced to restart. Once, I tried to play dvds on Windows Media player and the same thing happened.
- I appear to be safe from this when I logon in safe mode.
- I only have one administrator account on my computer.
- I am operating on Vista Home Premium.
- I have tried many things, such as cleaning my registry, deleting system restore points, scanning for viruses... (Norton AntiVirus)
-This does not happen everytime I logon, sometimes my comp works fine.
Is this because my hard disk is damaged? If so, do I need to back-up my files before I go get it repaired?