General discussion

USER ACCOUNT(ADMINISTRATOR)

I LOST MY USER ACCOUNT(ADMNISTRATOR) ICON AFTER I CREATED A NEW USER ACCOUNT IN ADDITION TO ADMINISTRATOR & GUEST ACCOUNTS.
NOW THE NEW CREATED ACCOUNT WILL APPEAR WHENEVER I WANT TO LOG IN INSTEAD OF THE ADMINISTRATOR. WHEN I CHECK THE USER ACCOUNT IN THE CONTROL PANEL THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT WAS NOT DISPLAYED. ONLY THE GUEST & THE NEWLY CREATED ACCOUNT APPEAR.
SO HOW DO I RESTORE MY ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT? PLS HELP.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: USER ACCOUNT(ADMINISTRATOR)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: USER ACCOUNT(ADMINISTRATOR)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
That might be normal

You don't say which OS this is, XP, Vista, Windows 7, but this might be normal.

For example, XP ships with a System Administrator account already setup. It has to do this, otherwise you would not be able to access the OS as an admin.

However, it is always recommended that users immediately create their own Admin account as a safety precaution. Once they do that, the System Administrator account disappears from normal view. That is by design.

So, there's nothing at fault there.

Is your keyboard OK? The Caps Lock key seems to be stuck on.

Mark

- Collapse -
Reply to Mark

Thanks for responding to my posting. I am using XP OS. Is there anyway I can access to administrator account? I need to open my documents which I saved in the desktop. I cannot have access to the folders via the guest account.

- Collapse -
Safe mode

Have you tried to go in to Safe mode? Press F8 at boot up.

- Collapse -
If you just want access to documents

then log in using your newly created Admin user account, then open Windows Explorer, (My Computer will do), and navigate to;
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\ folder

Then you can find the Documents folder for the hidden Administr5ator account, and if you drill down further, you will see the Desktop folder for that account.

Mark

CNET Forums