I have two Win XP notebooks (NBs) (1 w/ XPH & 1 w/ XPP).
The XPP NB is an IBM T30 with a 40gb 9.5mm 2.5" PATA HDD.
I also have an ancient Toshiba 4005cds Satellite NB
with a 4.1gb HDD and WinME.
I might source a 250gb WD2500BEVE 9.5mm 2.5" PATA HDD.
I would put 3 (NTFS) partitions on the 250gb HDD & install my
current XPP OS/Program partition on the 250gb bootpartition
via cloned images. I use DriveImage XML.
I am wondering about then putting the 40gb HDD to use by -
1) creating two partitions on the 40gb HDD;
1) formatting the 40gb HDD bootpartition as FAT32;
3) installing/transferring WinME onto the 40gb bootpartition;
4) using the 2nd 40gb partition as a portable backup
for the XP NBs by using the UltraBay 2000; and
5) using the 40gb internally in the Toshiba 4005cds
when I am "at home" and have all three NBs at my disposal.
A) I WOULD LIKE TO CONFIRM (IF POSSIBLE)
THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO USE THE 40GB HDD
IN THE TOSHIBA SATELLITE 4005CDS.
One of the best French door fridges we've tested
A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.