General discussion

USB TV Tuner

I want to be able to watch TV on my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop, so I was considering buying a USB TV Tuner. My laptop runs Windows 7. Does anyone know if this will work on my computer? Is it as simple as connect the TV Tuner to my computer and plugging the cable into the wall? Or is there more to it?

I appreciate any advice you can provide. Thanks.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: USB TV Tuner
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: USB TV Tuner
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I don't have one, but...

I believe that's how it work. Connect the usb tuner to the laptop and antenna to the antenna input of the tuner then just enjoy your TV. I guess how good the tv channels will be depends on how good a signal that antenna can pick up. Give it a try, I see they are going for less than $100.

But question; what do you mean..."and plugging the cable into the wall"?

- Collapse -
USB TV Tuner

Rather than using the antenna, I am planning on connecting the TV Tuner to my cable jack on the wall. I do have cable. I figured doing it this way would prevent any reception issues from occurring. Anyway, is it possible to do this?

- Collapse -
In that Case,

be sure the device support QAM as well, because QAM will give you more channel access. Good luck.

- Collapse -
I have this one . . .
- Collapse -

What's W7?

CNET Forums

Forum Info