General discussion

USB ROOT HUB

Hello, I am using an old PC with windows xp. The Web cam(usb) not working with internet usb modem .Each one is 500mA Power and the power of each port is 500mA. If only the web cam is pluged in the port it is working.There are four usb ports in the cpu.I don't know the speed of usb root hub. In the devic manager there are three "usb root hub" seen ,the drivers are installed properly and no any yellow marks seen in the device manager.Please find a solution. Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: USB ROOT HUB
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: USB ROOT HUB
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Too many missing details.

And XP has issues with USB.

But I can answer about XP and USB speeds. In XP (not XP SP1 or later) the USB speed is version 1.0 or low speed. USB 2.0 speed was not enabled till later.

Why are you at XP and not updated? Is there a reason? Also, given no make, model and more of such listed in your post, I can check on things.

--> It is worth noting that Web cams are notorious for missing drivers. It's a common problem to find an owner that has a web cam with no make/model and for them to ask for help getting it to work. You know to nod and hope they figure it out.
Bob

- Collapse -
usb root hub

Hello, I have forgotten to say that I am using windows xp sp2. The problem is not for specified web cam, any web cam doesn't work with network usb modem in the old pc. And the web cam working with usb modem in other pcs. Thanks

- Collapse -
Good luck in this one.

There are so many missing details, and again XP SP2 is outdated. We have found SP3 to correct again USB issues along with all the drivers you hunt down for the motherboard and more.

If you can't find the make/model of everything I understand.
bob

- Collapse -
usb root hub

Hello, I am sorry to say that the web cam is working properly in so many computers with xp sp2. It means the problem is not of xp2 or drivers.Thanks

- Collapse -
And I didn't write that.

I'm writing that so many missing details are here that I have to offer what I can. And SP3 is one of the known things I've done to bring USB up to working again.

As you have worked with many machines, by now you can see that supplied the above, not much can be offered.
Bob

CNET Forums