General discussion

USB Port

I recently installed a newHP All-in-one. When i connected to my usb port i keep getting a safely remove hardware icon. Never did that with old printer. Anyone with knowledge of this problem let me know. I am running XP Home. Oh, tried in five other usb ports on PC and same popup happens.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: USB Port
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: USB Port
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What's the issue?

If you don't like the icon, you can use XP's feature to hide it.

Bob

- Collapse -
USB port

I think i may not be writing the correct or percise question here. Why is the safe to remove icon doing that when it is a permanent fixture. I know it does so when i plug my digital camera in which is fine but why all the time for my priner?

- Collapse -
Your printer may have some memory card slots?

I see that if said printer has a card reader function.

Again, what's not working? Or is this a cosmetic complaint?

Again, XP allows you to hide this icon.

Bob

- Collapse -
USB port

Yes in fact it does have a 8 in one card slots. So thats why it keeps showing up as removable. I suppose it something i could live with.
thanxs

CNET Forums

Forum Info