Question

USB playback issues

Hello,
I have owned my samsung ln55c650 for a little under a year, and I recently started experiencing a really annoying issue. Whenever I playback MKV files the tv will recognize the correct length of the video, but will stop playing the file about 75% through. I have a western digital external HD, and a few thumb drives. This issue occurs on all of them. The only fix I found is to put the file in a folder instead of on the root of the drive. This only fixes the issue sometimes. I dont think its a power issue, because it will stop playing the current file and just move on to playing the next file.

Is anyone else having this issue? do you know what causes it? Any suggestions?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: USB playback issues
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: USB playback issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
If this is like the others.

Then the hang of stop occurs at about the 2GB or 2 hour mark.

As I have never heard of a fix for this most learn to use some other player (I use a ROKU) or split the file in two to avoid the bug.

Again, I have never seen this maker issue a fix for such issues. Sure, you can ask but so far, zip.
Bob

- Collapse -
not at 2gb mark

the typical files I play are usually HD mkv's they are about 600mb and 20 min long. The file will play until about 16 min then just shut off.

- Collapse -
Then it's the encoding.

Well discussed and let's leave it at that.

Try transcoding it to other formats with HANDBRAKE.

Remember that this is well discussed. Feel free to rant but we've heard it before.
Bob

CNET Forums