If it used to work, why not do a System Restore back to when it worked.
If that doesn't help, it's more difficult. Things to choose from:
- repair install of Windows 7 RC (if such is possible)
- clean install of Windows RC again
- clean install of Windows 7 final version (from October 22 - will be necessary anyway next year if RC ceases to function)
- other USB hardware (f.e. a new PCI-USB card) or a powered hub
- other enclosure for your disk
I have been running two 1TB USB drives under Windows 7 (RC1) for some months with no problems. A few days ago I switched on the Sunvision drive, heard the usual bleeps, but it did not appear in Windows Explorer. I have tried all the usual things (unplugging everything, rebooting, swapping leads etc.).
Things to note:
The Storagebird drive continues to work unaffected.
The Sunvision drive works perfectly on two other computers.
The Sunvision drive appears in Device Manager when switched on and under properties says it is working normally.
It does NOT appear at all in Computer Management/Disk Manager.
So it looks as if the problem is something specific between that particular drive and Windows 7.
Mike Harrison, Edinburgh