Question

USB drive not detected

Okay. Here's the situation.
-Downloaded Win XP Black edition (yes i kno it's pirated)
-in teh redme file, it says to download rufus to make a bootable usb,
-I prefer UNetBootin, but I followed it anyways.
-Next thing I know, NO usb's won't be detected in My Computer.
-ONLY usb's or hard drives that has NOT been used by Rufus can be accessed manually, (typing in drive letter:\ in address bar)
-Usb's that has gone through Rufus, but canceled, CAN be detected, but CAN NOT be accessed.
-Usb's that has gone through Rufus and has finished, It is VIRTUALLY GONE. No detection, no access.

I have two usb's and 1 Hard drive. the 2 usb's have been the victim of Rufus.
Rufus was used on Windows 8.1?

Have tried on Ubuntu, No detection to victimized USB's.

HALP!
How do I reover 'dem USB's!

-SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32Gb - Victim - task canceled on Rufus
-SanDisk Cruzer Orbit 16Gb - Victim - task finished on Rufus
-Touro Hard Drive 1Tb

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: USB drive not detected
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: USB drive not detected
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: USB-stick doesn't appear in Windows or Linux

Who said it should? The only relevant question: can you boot from it?

Kees

- Collapse -
nope

no it can't boot. But the Boot manager can detect the drive however.

- Collapse -
Answer
Rufus FAQ at link.
https://github.com/pbatard/rufus/wiki/FAQ

Frankly it looks unsupportable from many angles. Why don't you move to a supportable position such as a normal Microsoft issued hologrammed media and leave experimenting with such things for days you don't have to get it working.

It's clearly something no one can help with.
Bob
- Collapse -
Product Discontinued.

I needed Win XP for my old Acer Aspire 5315 laptop, as I've tried Win 7 on it and it is really slow.
So I thought Win XP would be better.

However, Microsoft has discontinued Win XP. So I had to get the Pirated version.

P.S. Black Edition is streamlined, so it is a bit faster, which is good!

- Collapse -
Be aware

That there will be no discussion in support of pirate products. I guess you didn't notice that so I think I have to point that out.

As to the Acer, I suggest using the OS it came with. It should run as good as the day the machine came out.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: discontinued
- Collapse -
About recovery of the USB
- Collapse -
Answer
Locking.

Please start a new discussion without asking for support of any pirated content.

CNET Forums

Forum Info