Windows Legacy OS forum

Question

USB device into a computer doesnt work (nokia c5-00)

Hi,

I have (windos xp sp-II) and using Mobile (Nokia c5-00)

Problem is, If I plugged in a USB device (usually a mass storage device) into a computer it doesnt work, and it is not working with pc suit also.

then,

I had take my phone and cable to my friends pc and i find it is working fine that i come to understand my phone and cable is fine.

after that i thought there is some problem with my pc i had formatted my pc but it had not made any changes.

Kindly Help
Thanks
HappyHappyHappy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: USB device into a computer doesnt work (nokia c5-00)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: USB device into a computer doesnt work (nokia c5-00)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
The clue is the XP SP2 and just formatted.

In reply to: USB device into a computer doesnt work (nokia c5-00)

If I were to guess it's 2 things. One, the drivers for this machine were not installed (specifically the motherboard drivers.) Sometimes you encounter an owner that thinks if the device manager is clear, then no drivers are needed.

Next at SP2, it's out of date. Update it the rest of the way.
Bob

Collapse -
thanks for replay

In reply to: The clue is the XP SP2 and just formatted.

Collapse -
That PCI modem

In reply to: thanks for replay

I rarely use dial up modems any more so I end up unplugging that for folk if they want to not be bothered with it.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Re: USB

In reply to: USB device into a computer doesnt work (nokia c5-00)

Not really clear from your post if the USB didn't malfunction already BEFORE you formatted or only AFTER you formatted. Bob thinks the last (it did work before you formatted) and I read your post to mean that you formatted because the USB didn't work, and you thought this would solve it.

So can you tell what you meant? And can you tell also what you did exactly when 'formatting a PC'.
The common meaning of formatting is that you don't format a PC or even a disk, but a PARTITION on a disk, with the result that that partition is totally empty. And if that empty partition used to contain Windows the PC won't work at all any more. That's certainly is a change.

Kees

Collapse -
thanks for replay

In reply to: Re: USB

Not really clear from your post if the USB didn't malfunction already BEFORE you formatted or only AFTER you formatted. Bob thinks the last (it did work before you formatted) and I read your post to mean that you formatted because the USB didn't work, and you thought this would solve it.

USB was not worked with only phone only it was working good with other (eg. flash drive)
I formatted my pc because, i thought it might some Windows XP issues it will solve after format.

So can you tell what you meant? And can you tell also what you did exactly when 'formatting a PC'.
The common meaning of formatting is that you don't format a PC or even a disk, but a PARTITION on a disk, with the result that that partition is totally empty. And if that empty partition used to contain Windows the PC won't work at all any more. That's certainly is a change.

Yday i formatted my pc and i had format only C: Only and install windowsXP, Drivers of motherhood, Nokia PC Suit, And I Attach phone to pc to see it is working or not ? I found it is not working......!

:-):-):-)

Collapse -
Re: USB

In reply to: thanks for replay

So all USB-devices work on your PC, except this phone, after a clean install of Windows XP and the motherboard drivers. And that phone works on an all PC's except yours.

That's strange.

I'd install a PCI USB-card (with drivers) and try again.

Kees

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.