General discussion

USB 2.0 what?

Okay i recently bought a USB 2.0 4 port hub

http://reviews.cnet.com/CyberPower_CP_H420P_hub_4_ports/4505-3335_7-30872538.html

thats the exact one, reason is i bought an Ipod Video 80GB, and it says its USB 2.0 capable , but i dont have USB 2.0, so thats why i bought the usb 2.0 4 port hub, okay it still updates with the same speed all pluged in, even weirder when i plug it in, it says you need USB 2.0 port to operate this device, i think the problem is that this is just an extention of USB 2.0, can anyone help i am confused, Did i buy USB 2.0 or do i need to have USB 2.0 port in order to use this product

So who can help me, did i missunderstand something, seriouly this would be so much easyier if it place in the system requirments that i need USB 2.0, or do i? may the software is out of date how can i update it

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: USB 2.0 what?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: USB 2.0 what?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
USB 2.0

Your motherboard is USB 1.1. Therefore your USB 2.0 hub cannot run at high-speed. To use that hub you would have to install a USB 2.0 PCI card. That would add the USB 2.0 ports to the back of your PC and enable speeds of 480 Mbps.

- Collapse -
USB 2.0

ohh thank you very much, make me feel stupid about technolagy, oh well not all of us are Techno wizzes, now atleast i understand a bit more about USB 2.0, problem is i got an ourdated system ill just build a brand new one

- Collapse -
If you have a desktop PC...you can add a USB 2.0 PCI

card which will give you USB 2.0 connectivity ...easier and much cheaper than a new PC.

VAPCMD

CNET Forums