General discussion

Urgent...need immediate help

I have finally got a hold of the mobo that I ordered from Newegg.com. It was quite easy to put in, thanks to Ray's heads up regarding the jumpers. But I have problems already.

The new MB is a PC Chips' product, and its model # is M811LU. I have put in everything onto the MB and into the new case without any problem. And the MB recognizes every components quite easily. But then problem came up, when I plug the ethernet cord into the RJ 45 jack, the screen went to the good old "white text with blue background" telling me either the hardware does not have the latest driver or it's not installed properly. Though every card in the PCI slots were found and installed properly, and I am certain they all have the newest driver.

I have double checked over and over again, still no luck. At first I thought it's just the on board LAN's not acting correctly, therefore, I disabled it and put in my own NIC. Still, same blue screen with white text appeared when I plugged in the ethernet cable.

Can someone please help me verify and solve the problem, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Joe

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Urgent...need immediate help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Urgent...need immediate help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I don't see the issue.

But can only guess you moved some hard disk with an installed OS onto this new machine and "Windows" needs to be installed.

Bob

- Collapse -
Something does not sound right

What's at the other end of the ethernet cable?

- Collapse -
Solved

I had enough of it, therefore, I formatted everything and reinstall what I had one by one. And that's when I found out it was my Kerio Firewall was playing tricks on me. Anyway, my problem is fixed now, and the MB is pretty decent as of now.

Thanks,
Joe

CNET Forums

Forum Info